2000 Pontiac Montana - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montana model:
just okay
By gmcman97 on 03/05/12 12:52 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Montana MontanaVision 4dr Ext Minivan

had a lot of problems for the first 3 years some were fixed before warranty ran out had to threaten to sue for after warranty problems but settled out of court for extended warranty (7 yrs. 84,000 miles) have not had anything serious go wrong since it became completely out of warranty the usual tire wear, battery, water pump, alternator etc.

GM -Generates Maintenance
By Worst Buy Ever! on 04/28/08 10:46 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Montana MontanaVision 4dr Ext Minivan

Worst vehicle I ever bought. Also have the revving problem. Coolant leaking into the cylinders for quite some time but just letting it go to squeeze the last few miles out of this. Electrical problems since new, hooking up to computer does not tell mechs what is wrong. Front windows both not working!Replaced steering, ignition,headlamp switch, fuel system (2 x). Replaced cup holders under warranty several times and now all broken. Do not close rear hatch with handle because I know it will break. Sliding door serviced 5 separate times. Replaces generator. Bought this for 30K. have spent another 5K. No wonder GM is having problems! Go spend time with Japanese to find out how to make cars!

160,000 miles traded
By 160,000 MIles Traded on 03/22/08 16:15 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Montana MontanaVision 4dr Ext Minivan

Well we got over 160,000 miles out of the van. For the most part it has been fairly reliable, but it has many major design flaws that result in failures that you will have to fix (valve seal gaskets - $800 to $1,000; Front wheel bearings - $600; Transmission - $1500 TO $2000). The radio lights and gas gauge have not worked for years. We got $1250 for a trade-in, so if you buy one, you should plan on driving it into the ground.

Standard GM quality
By justducky150 on 01/07/08 23:16 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Montana MontanaVision 4dr Ext Minivan

This has been a wonderful family vehicle. We bought with 29K in 2002 for $18M. Fully loaded w/o DVD and 100K/6yr warranty for $2K, great value by the way, after all its a GM. Standard accoutrements are excellent. The leather, rear air/rear sound, automatic sliding door, quad seating are all you can ask for unless you appreciate listless children drooling over the most recent Disney DVD. We love this vehicle and wish GM wasn't leaving the utilitarian minivan market. Crossovers don't offer the room and the Suburban is too big. We're going foriegn due to GM's shortsightedness and lack of caring for the family utility vehicle...the mini-van. God rest its soul. Marketing sure led to its demise.

Montana
By tricanis on 12/25/06 12:50 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Montana MontanaVision 4dr Ext Minivan

A shame that GM cannot make a more reliable vehicle! This would have been a great vehicle had we not had to take it to the service department once every other month. On average for 7 years of ownership I spent $650 per year out of pocket in repair costs. I had over $ 4500 in receipts that I turned in when I got ride of the montana. Yes....We purchased a Odyssey.

good montana
By ron on 12/08/06 15:47 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Montana MontanaVision 4dr Ext Minivan

My montana has been very reliable since my original purchase,new.The most major problems were, replacing the steering box , and replacing the rear air shocks. It's been a good vehicle.

2000 Montana
By Stiofan on 03/24/06 13:11 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Montana MontanaVision 4dr Ext Minivan

Took this vehicle over from my sister who bought it new. Just suffered major engine repair when known defective intake manifold gasket deteriorated causing coolant to enter cylinders.

Montana - spacious and economical
By Jeff on 01/15/06 14:33 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Montana MontanaVision 4dr Ext Minivan

Ownership of the Montana has been a pleasure. The video system helped keep our two kids busy when we drove to Yellowstone and back to Pennsylvania and later to southern Florida and back, along with trips to Massachusetts and back in between. The system takes both vhs video tapes and video game inputs. On these long trips I found the gas milage was better than expected as the most recent trip to Florida gave me at least 27 to close to 30 mpg on the highway. The digital information system helps when put on instantaneous mpg, one learns what helps and what hurts as far as gas milage goes. The vehicle has given us no major engine problems, is good on tire wear and the exterior is still good.

sporty and reliable van
By montana mom on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Montana MontanaVision 4dr Ext Minivan

This is my 2nd Montana van in 2 years. I purchased a 1999 and loved it, so I traded in for the 2000 with the power sliding door and entertainment system. This is the sportiest looking van around. I have broken cupholders and problem with the air bag light coming on. I would definetly buy another Montana.

Turned out better than I thought
By Need4seats on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Montana MontanaVision 4dr Ext Minivan

Overall, a good van. Beware of reviews with one major problem with van. Any vehicle line can have a bad car or two. Had some minor annoying trips to mechanic for recalls, etc, but overall at 62000 miles, it is working great. Acceleration is better than any other minivan I've used. Features are great. Only 8 seat minivan available at time I purchased (I need the seats).