Used 1999 Pontiac Montana Minivan Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Pontiac Montana Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montana model:

Satisfied Buyer
By Saundra Lockhart

1999 Pontiac Montana Minivan 4dr Ext Minivan

I bought my 99 Montana new as a demo. I bought the extended warranty bumper to bumper for 100,000 miles. I did have transmission problems at 95,000 miles but the repairs were covered under the warranty. That was the only major repair. Now it has 145,000 miles and I still drive it every day. Most of the miles are city driving, but I also make cross country trips every year. Now I am giving this Montana to my son who starts college this fall. I will buy a new car.

Comfortable seating with plenty of leg room. The minivan is high enough to see distances well.

Make a better transmission.

Watch your wallet
By marauder

1999 Pontiac Montana Minivan 4dr Ext Minivan

We have replaced the following since purchasing new in 1999: head gasket at 75K followed by 3.4L V6 engine at 125K. Intake manifold gasket failure is the likely culprit. Not through yet. Engine trouble light continues to display with replacement engine. CD player quit working at 30K. Pontiac Customer Service offered no goodwill assistance. Total cost of major repairs so far = $6K. Driving excitement = zero.

Lots of hauling capacity

Recall all 1999 Pontiac Montanas for engine problems.

8 years ... $0 in repairs
By pjk

1999 Pontiac Montana Minivan 4dr Ext Minivan

Knock on wood. So far our "99" Pontiac Montana has been just about flawless and has not cost us one red cent in repairs so far. We bought it new and are very pleased with this Van. We had some minor problems that were fixed when taking it in for inspections at not cost to us. We had a minor leak in the rear hatch.. one of the seat switches was replaced which we really didn't know was bad and the sliding door was recalled to have it recalibrated the door has never failed. The van still looks like new and still has it's original exhaust. We get a easy 25 mpg on the road. We will be buying a new vehicle next year... we will most likely buy another GM v

Stainless steel exhaust and galvanized metal body. I've seen many people who own "highly rated" vehicles replacing exhaust systems at 7 or 8 years and major rust. Editors never rate cars on how they look after 10 years. My GM's look like new after 10 years have no rust and original exhausts.

More air circulation for front passenger side A/C.

Don"t buy it!!! Unreliable
By hflood

1999 Pontiac Montana Minivan 4dr Minivan

I have owned this car since 2002 and it has had muliple problems. Last year the engine went out at only 70,000 miles. It has been sitting for a year now. TOTAL LEMON!!!

color

needs new engine with out any plastic parts. Plastic and heat don't mix well. Also needs a better warranty.

A GEM
By Stoney

1999 Pontiac Montana Minivan 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought my montana new in 1999. Wow what a Gem. I've had no major mechanical issues at all other than doing schedule maintance and normal wear. As of today I have 166,000 miles on it and still no signs of major trouble. I will be looking to buy a used (2004) in the near future. I guess regular maintance and care pays off as with anything else.

Looks, handling and especially reliabilty.

Can think of any, keep up the good work.