Used 1999 Pontiac Montana Minivan Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Pontiac Montana Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montana model:

Lots of Miles
By Kirk

1999 Pontiac Montana Minivan 4dr Ext Minivan

My van has 281,000 miles on it. The major problem with them is related to antifreeze. Everything that has cost me money to fix was antifreeze related. I had to replace parts that wore out like struts, steering components and such. I use it as a cargo van daily loaded down with 1500 pounds of weight daily and carry a ladder on top. I get about 17 mpg. When I drive it empty I still get 24mpg. The body is still in good shape, I just had to replace the door hinge because I open the door way too many times. The v6 is still has a lot of torque with all those miles. At 250k it finally got a hole in the leather seats, not to bad for a work truck.

Automatic headlights and traction control. It should be standard on every vehicle

Bigger Brakes and a front console. I love my aftermarket console. Don't let the antifreeze eat through everything. It probably be a antifreeze problem that will kill this van.

Great Vehicle for Family
By andy

1999 Pontiac Montana Minivan 4dr Ext Minivan

I bought the vehicle brand new, I do not have any complaint about the product. Great, reliable, dependable, comfortable van. I'm going to purchase one more of it soon. No other vehicle beats it.

Traction control, TV DVD, power seats, air compressor.

Electrical part can be improvised, both side power sliding doors would make it even better. 8 seaters.

Best Minivan- Pontiac Montana
By pjk

1999 Pontiac Montana Minivan 4dr Ext Minivan

re: true cost to own. 9 years I would like to submit my true cost to own a 1999 Pontiac Montana I sold recently to buy my new Buick. Total repair cost for 9 years. $82 Two rear stop lights... price $12 One tie rod end ... price $50 first part to fail 8.5 years old. 75K miles Charge A/C ..... price $20 one can of refrigerant. total $82 The rest of repairs were two sets of tires two sets of brake shoes oil changes every 3K Thats it. Van bought new $17k plus tax. Van sold 9 years later $5100 $11900 total depreciation $1322 depreciation per year. This Van was driven 95% in the Pgh area .. salt in winter potholes,hills, average trip was about 3 miles. It still looked like new no rust

The seats come out very easy. The ride is smooth..the shifting is smooth. The galvanized body is the best. The stainless steel exhaust is the best. The handling is the best. The interior seats looked like new after all that wear and tear. The cabin air filtration keeps air inside the car clean 28mpg

Don't install Bosch windshield washer, standard GM wipers are best.

Love My Van
By B C Harvey

1999 Pontiac Montana Minivan 4dr Ext Minivan

I purchased this van and immediately was impressed with the comfort since I have 4 major disabilities with my lower back. Secondly, it was fun to drive and felt like a solid (no rattles)automobile. Being a 7 passenger is handy at times as I live in Sr. housing and often transport my friends to and from their appointments. And, they are also impressed with the can and the comfort.

None better
By Pontiac

1999 Pontiac Montana Minivan 4dr Ext Minivan

We bought our Montana new and have had very good luck with it. We just got back from another trip to NY and got 28 mpg.. very good for a 4,000 lb safe vehicle. We get approx 30,000 on a set of average tires and 30,000 miles on brake pads, unlike stories I hear from other vans. The body looks like new. The galvanized body panels are the best, they resist rust better than any other metal. The original stainless steel exhaust will last much longer. It's still in great shape. The interior does not show wear after all this time. The best interior material we ever had. Our Montana has moved, hauled and transported many kids and material. We will be buying another Pontiac.

Build quality. Stainless steel exhaust and galvanized metal body. 28mpg, good strong engine.

The first part to break was a AC line leak after 8.5 years. Estmated repair $150. Not bad for 8.5 years.