2006 Pontiac Montana SV6 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2006 Pontiac Montana SV6 - Consumer Reviews

Base Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Montana SV6 model:
So glad to be rid of it!!!!
By stlbluesfan on 07/31/11 05:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

What a piece of crap. Bought it used in 2007 with 34000 miles on it. Nothing but problems. Replaced the steering column after 1 year ($570), went through 2 sets of rotors (could not be turned, had to be replaced), front sway bars bad, wheel bearings bad, wouldn't start most of the time on first try, check engine light on intermittently, transmission starting to hard shift, sliding door stuck open more than once, rear windshield wiper motor burnt out, much much more...too much to keep listing here. All with only 86250 miles on it and regular service and maintenace. Traded it in on a 2007 Honda CR-V and could not be happier. Will never buy another GM product!!!

GM Doesn't Stand By Their Products
By Kris on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

With 20,000, our Montana failed inspection and needed all new tires, a new sway bar and new shock absorbers. GM is not standing by their product and refusing to reimburse us for the cost of repairs. I see this as a sign of things to come, so, we're dumping this car as soon as we can and buying HONDA. The Montana is my fourth GM car, I would have been a loyal GM customer forever, but not after what's happened.

Happy Times (lease is over)
By Bye Bye GM on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van new in 2006 primarily thinking it was a good value and was nicely equipped for the price.It was fun to drive, but had several issues that left us stranded with our child on many occasions.The vehicle was always dealer serviced, often for recall and warranty repairs. We had trouble with the power door (broken cable), broken DVD player, rear wiper motor, front steering shaft, front suspension components, premature brake wear, even the keyless entry fob and remote start had issues. Battery cables and battery also needed to be replaced for the vehicle to start. Bottom line, you get what you pay for. This van cost me more to drive even with extended warranty than my other car.

2006 Montana
By EJN on 07/06/10 13:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the vehicle out of state. The vehicle has been over all reliable in that no one has been stranded. Had trouble with the electric side door, the interior light control switch, rear wiper motor, not starting the first time with the ignition switch (software). Both sliding doors jammed on the bottom weather striping. Dissatisfied with the dealer and staff that services vehicles. They had to put the computer on the car (told them not to) and charge me to say the wiper motor is dead. My non mechanical wife told me that. Mad at my local dealer with the poor service and their technicians not following instructions. Have over 80,000 miles on the tires. Economy dropped with the alcohol gas.

Pontaic Montanna SV6 2006 opinion
By Will on 05/28/10 17:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Short base van. 47K Kms. Blue colour. The good: Comfortable. large, smart looking, takes 2 kids and a dog easily. Long rides are easy to drive. Very practical. Cons: Build quality is questionable. SW problem (fuel cap is open message) took 3 weeks to diagnose and repair). Now have a horrible creaking noise when turning wheel and front end is very noisy when going over bumps.. suspect stabilizer bars. Engine. Very powerful in cruising, reasonably fuel efficient. Starting power is lacking. Stereo system and DVD players are reasonably good. Included cordless headphones are a nice touch.

Never Again
By Never Again on 04/22/10 10:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Waterstained seats. rust-stained exterior paint. crappy tires, shocks replaced, brakes replace, load sensor blown, transmission shot all under 55K miles. I have brought this back to the dealer so many times it is ridiculous! I bought a new car/van so I wouldnt have mechanic bills - and, the bills keep mounting. There is no excuse for the lousy fabric they use for interiors; they know its an issue and no one cares. ALL DONE BUYING GM PRODUCTS. NEVER AGAIN!!

SV6 nightmare
By dartguy43 on 02/06/10 06:10 AM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought this van back in 2006 I needed a family vehicle that I could also have the room to move a few musical instruments around in. This van does about 3 to 4 long highway drives a year (approximately 1000 km there and back). The rest of the time it just gets driven around the city. I have always done the regular maintanance on the vehicle at the dealership and still this thing has been nothing but problems. They have had a steering column recall,comes with crappy tires (good for about 25000 km at most,has had to have numerous brake jobs, a transmission flush at 78000 km,bushing arms replaced, rotors replaced etc. \

So Far so good
By cubsfan53 on 09/30/09 10:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased an '06 Montana with 46,000 miles. Took it up to northern Michigan, it averaged 24 mpg. The seats had some of the "water spots" mentioned in other reviews, used Tuff Stuff spray cleaner on them, and they look good. Lots of nice interior features. Hoping for the best!

" Wooden Wheels "....Junk
By Matt Miller on 09/13/09 17:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Rear suspension is the the most clunkiest, hard hitting that I've ever experienced. Its been diagnosed as "thats how they are". Whoever passed this through the quality inspection at the factory must have worked for the Amish previously. It sometimes has trouble starting and the inside looks bad from staining. I still owe too much to trade in though. I never noticed the suspension clunking during the test drive because I drive down a smooth newly paved road. Also, the traction control starts working on dry pavement while not actually spinning, so I sit still for no reason for a few seconds.

high milage van
By steve on 05/19/09 16:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

when I bought this van I did not want a mini van my wife did, the more I drove it the better I liked it,the milage is great,keeping the tires rotated adds a lot of life to your tires,I went with mobil 1 oil after 100000 miles the milage has gotten better had it tuned up at 100000 miles also this has been a great van.

1 2 3 4 5 next »