2006 Pontiac GTO Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (140 reviews )
Amazing car
By branj70 on 03/26/12 00:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac GTO Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have an '06 6-speed in Spice Red and this is by far one of the nicest cars GM could have offered. The interior is as comfortable as a new Cadillac, and very original. NOTHING on the inside was borrowed from any other US GM cars, since it's Holden. The only problems I've had are the junk stock struts and they're not difficult to replace. Also, it's difficult to get replacement parts since you can only get them Australia, otherwise if you find them here in the US, you'll pay through the nose. It's an absolutely amazing and powerful car, just take care of them!!!

lic plate..Bcnyea
By b_cnyea on 11/01/11 16:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac GTO Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

06 GTO A4 Cyclone Gray 6.0. When i was younger i helped restore my dads 67 rag top black on black..them wore the days! He let me take it to prom and every other Friday i got to drive it to school!! took the long road back home after school :) and now i got one of my own,hope fully i can keep it for many years and my son and i can restore it when its time.But for now its the best thing i have ever owned i have many stories to tell my son some day like my dad did with me his back seat has more room lol and when your 6'1 their is not much room in mine haha! its a fun car to drive and own and drive..keep it between the white lines!!

garage trophy
By yuba4 on 03/14/11 11:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac GTO Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

bought new in 2006, manual trans. After initial problems with front struts (bad oil from factory), and subsequent front anti-roll bar link failure, car has run well. Its basically an engine with a car tagging along. Shifter rattles. Otherwise, I'm very happy with it. Love the styling and the ride, fuel economy good for a 400HP (typically 22.9 mpg). Low overhang in the back. I added a receiver (for bike rack), and it hits the ground on some driveway exits. Outward visibility is poor, but that's a style compromise. Ingress/egress hampered by low doorway - still hit my head on that. Love the car - probably keep 20 years.

Move out of my way!
By gazpipe on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac GTO Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my black on black goat in March of 2010. I didn't even drive it, i just started it up. I drove it off the lot and hit the highway from Modesto to Sacramento. The wheels chirp with a touch of the pedal and I love my car and thank God all the time for it. No mechanical problems. My auto shifter did break (the part that pushes in to engage the trans) but I glued with crazy glue. People love to scratch up my back bumper because they're haters and careless. Don't hate, appreciate. Maybe if they save up their money and if there are any left they can have one too. People always say "what! you have a gto!" I say "yes, black on black and I love it", it beats anything on the road!

Pleasantly surprised
By eddie gomez on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac GTO Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bang for my buck, endorphin inducer, i'm am very happy with my purchase

baaaaad ls2 goat
By thegovnr on 09/06/10 21:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac GTO Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 6 spd manual and I have to say its the best car I've ever owned and I'm putting this against past cars of mine such as 91 mr2 turbo, 96 Impala ss, 95 infiniti g20 and 00 Lincoln ls v8. It rides better than the Lincoln and has more power than the Impala. On one hand it doesn't handle like an mr2 but for what it is its fun to push into the corners and bring out with 400 ft. Lbs ! Sideways. The tires are cheap to replace because of size. Exhaust tone is better sound to me than the very nice 6 disc blaupunkt stereo. Bose should have been the choice on that. Service is easy. With 20k for miles when I bought it for 18k it's a steal ! Avg mpg is 24 and thats from stop and go to 75 mph highway.

The Great One
By PG on 04/27/10 06:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac GTO Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 6spd manual Spice Red Metallic with the black interior. It was love at first drive. I grew up riding in my uncle's 1968 GTO so when Pontiac came out with this car I knew that some day I had to own one. The torque of the LS2 is something you cannot describe accurately with words and the 6 spd makes it even more blissful. The suspension is adequate but you won't be winning any autocross meets anytime soon. Contrary to what some people may think as far as styling is concerned, the original GTO was nothing more than a dressed up Tempest with a bigger engine so I don't see the big deal with purists wanting a retro looking Goat.

The best muscle sports car around!
By s on 03/28/10 17:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac GTO Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My 06 ls2 Pontiac gto is an automatic and it's great fun to drive with the 0- 60 at 4.4 sec and runs 12.8 1/4 mile down the track. it can pretty much beat anything out there!

Refined Muscle Car w Subtance over Style
By StealthLS2 on 02/07/10 16:49 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac GTO Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Re-introduced in 2004, the GTO early press reviews raved about the driving experience, interior and build quality, but the exterior styling left everyone underwhelmed. Many of us who fondly recalled the GTO’s of the muscle car era felt the new version didn’t live up to the memory, and sales didn’t meet GM’s expectations. Oh so many missed a great car. Open the hood and you will find one of the best motors on the planet, the General Motors LS2, a 400 horsepower V8 that can motivate you to 60 in under 5 seconds. Stealth looks combined with the LS2 power plant make for a modern muscle car with capabilities that require you take a deeper look to fully appreciate.

Refined Muscle Car Defined (2006 GTO)
By Tom Miller on 02/06/10 17:55 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac GTO Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Love my '06 GTO. Truly a refined modern muscle car with comfort. I now have 64K miles on my black/black Goat (have both factory options: 18"wheels and 6-Speed manual trans). First thing I did was replace the stock shifter with a HURST billet short throw unit (chrome flat handle/black knob). Other upgrades include a VOLANTE Cold-air intake, Magnaflow cat- back exhaust system, 180 degree TStat, E3 Sparkplugs, MSD plug wires, Royal Purple synthetic lubricants throughout and Diablosport tuning. The original 400HP/400TQ is estimated to be about 445HP/450Torque. Current best fuel efficiency is 28.51 MPG at 75mph sustained on a 1,360 highway trip. I average 19-20 city and 25-26 highway!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.