Used 2006 Pontiac GTO Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Pontiac GTO - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (140 reviews )

Amazing car
By branj70

2006 Pontiac GTO 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have an '06 6-speed in Spice Red and this is by far one of the nicest cars GM could have offered. The interior is as comfortable as a new Cadillac, and very original. NOTHING on the inside was borrowed from any other US GM cars, since it's Holden. The only problems I've had are the junk stock struts and they're not difficult to replace. Also, it's difficult to get replacement parts since you can only get them Australia, otherwise if you find them here in the US, you'll pay through the nose. It's an absolutely amazing and powerful car, just take care of them!!!

Interior is extremely comfortable & the LS2's torque can suck you back in the seat!

If the struts are stock, replace them because there is a wide spread issue with them rubbing the tires. Aftermarket struts however are great!

lic plate..Bcnyea
By b_cnyea

2006 Pontiac GTO 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

06 GTO A4 Cyclone Gray 6.0. When i was younger i helped restore my dads 67 rag top black on black..them wore the days! He let me take it to prom and every other Friday i got to drive it to school!! took the long road back home after school :) and now i got one of my own,hope fully i can keep it for many years and my son and i can restore it when its time.But for now its the best thing i have ever owned i have many stories to tell my son some day like my dad did with me his back seat has more room lol and when your 6'1 their is not much room in mine haha! its a fun car to drive and own and drive..keep it between the white lines!!

garage trophy
By yuba4

2006 Pontiac GTO 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

bought new in 2006, manual trans. After initial problems with front struts (bad oil from factory), and subsequent front anti-roll bar link failure, car has run well. Its basically an engine with a car tagging along. Shifter rattles. Otherwise, I'm very happy with it. Love the styling and the ride, fuel economy good for a 400HP (typically 22.9 mpg). Low overhang in the back. I added a receiver (for bike rack), and it hits the ground on some driveway exits. Outward visibility is poor, but that's a style compromise. Ingress/egress hampered by low doorway - still hit my head on that. Love the car - probably keep 20 years.

engine, suspension, styling, performance all strong

any suggested improvement weighs in on the opposite end of performance and styling, which are conscious design choices. Brilliant car

Move out of my way!
By gazpipe

2006 Pontiac GTO 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my black on black goat in March of 2010. I didn't even drive it, i just started it up. I drove it off the lot and hit the highway from Modesto to Sacramento. The wheels chirp with a touch of the pedal and I love my car and thank God all the time for it. No mechanical problems. My auto shifter did break (the part that pushes in to engage the trans) but I glued with crazy glue. People love to scratch up my back bumper because they're haters and careless. Don't hate, appreciate. Maybe if they save up their money and if there are any left they can have one too. People always say "what! you have a gto!" I say "yes, black on black and I love it", it beats anything on the road!

The speed, the leather interior, the body style, the engine compartment, its gorgeous and understated. It doesn't scream look at me, but you will!

Getting in is a little tight. I am 6'2 and have to make sure I don't hit my head getting in.

Pleasantly surprised
By eddie gomez

2006 Pontiac GTO 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bang for my buck, endorphin inducer, i'm am very happy with my purchase

engine is great & sleeper car styling the interior makes me feel like a Spanish bullfighter torrid red if i do say so myself

stiffer suspension louder exhaust