2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Review: Almost Perfect

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Consumer Review

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP

Almost Perfect
By Amdetsion on

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After driving (2) GTP's and a Comp G my experience with the GXP is simply amazing. The GXP is truely a culmination. The Grand Prix is truly expressed through the performance and styling of this car the 08 GXP. If it had anymore technology or performance improvements it would exceed the already excessively designed and engineered German products. The car is precise and smartly cued with technology, comforts and prestige without the lavish and 'non-sensical' over statements and cost common to many up level Euro-imps. I want to ride American and feel good about it. GXP is a very good feeling; especially when I remind myself of its price, operating and maintenance cost.

I am a lanky 77" tall. I fold into this car like a tailor made suit. Very good room.

I guess perfection was a little too much to bare for Pontiac so they left out the Auto adjust night mirros (mono- chromatic mirrors) used on the 97 GTP. Clientel like me would not wink at the extra $100 bucks or whatever. Just do not have me lifting my hand to put down the manual mirror. Yuk!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By corpstothecore
on 09/17/12 21:19 PM (PDT)

Here we are five years later and the GP GXP is still a great competitor in the class. Some great newer designs have arrived in recent years with plenty of style and nice options, but they don't compare to 300+ HP of American muscle power. We just purchased ours last week. I'm sure there are years of cruising enjoyment potential in each of these evolved sporty cruise-mobiles. Style, large comfort and performance the American way. It?s not too often we purchase a vehicle that really needs nothing aftermarket. It?s a joy to finally own one of the last great American model cars by a brand that makes us smile and enjoy driving. What a fun ride. Too bad dorks think this car is for racing stop-light to stop-light, instead of simply enjoying easy entrance into traffic on busy freeways, as well as potential 30+ MPG if they?d just stick the cruise at 60 MPH.