Used 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

1st new pontiac
By john

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had this car for 6 days, highway was nice with little background noise with auto radio. I get excited every time I drive and love the car it's the newest car Iíve ever owned, and more power then Iím used to but Iím trying to conserve. it's roomy for everyone. The car does have get up and go, havenít gone on highway for long distance. I too like cockpit feel and how everything centers around me driving and easy access to info. I would like less plastic and stronger feel buttons I want this car to last and look good the whole time. I also hope they might bring back and improve gas or turn to cng car or hydrogen car for zero emission! and I'd get that I got this cause owned two pontia

Favorite Features

Cruise, tilt wheel, automatic, power seat, ele instant fuel usage, miles to go on tank aprox, stereo controls on steering wheel, power everything ex passenger seat, quiet interior, ele tire pressure gauge, auto start, two plug ins for charging, ok rims, runs very quiet, big trunk fold down rear sea.

Suggested Improvements

glove box small, Blind spots in rear small rear windows on both sides, I can feel 4 speed trans shift sometimes, Poor gas mileage 20/30 highway, my car no sunroof in price range, no pass electric seat, or abs, stronger front seats. change fuel type to something with zero emission!

Last of the Grand Prixs
By peter christoff

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I think it was a big mistake for GM to do away with the Grand Prix. I love mine. I test drove a new G8, and was not impressed at all. The 2008 Grand Prix got a bad rap when they underrated it as just another carry over car that was ready to be put out to pasture,so to speak. I will drive this one with pride, and hope GM brings it back in a few years like the Camaro.

Favorite Features

Sound system, powerful 3.8,6 cyl engine which delivers a steady 24.4 miles per gal in the city, and close to 29 going up north. Drives like a dream. This is one of my favorites since I started driving back in 1970.

Suggested Improvements

You can't improve on something that is gone.

Wow!!
By Amy

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Grand Prix 08, last year. My husband took me to a place right off base. And i saw a beautiful white/pearl car staring at me! we have a daughter who is turning 3..and let me tell you. the car is sooo smooth! everyone who gets in,..their first word is (WoW) this is a smooth car! plus it's big enough for a family..yet compact enough to be sporty! my husband loves my car! and my favorite feature is when you first get in, every single detail curves around the driver! I would say, its made to fit you!! Not to mention, in these economic times, we get about 19/24mpg yet it's cheaper then the camry and the malibu!

Favorite Features

when you get in, everything revolves around the driver! It's a very smooth ride! Enough to sit 2car seats, plus another person (in the back)!

Suggested Improvements

lift the glove box up,..it hits your knees!lol.. and then...well,,nuthing!

Gotta Love it!
By Cheryl

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased my 2008 Grand Prix Sedan & I am just loving it! I had a Chrysler Sebring, then a Chevrolet HHR & my favorite is the Grand Prix! Just wish it was summer so I could ride the highway! But I just enjoy driving it back & forth to work. It's comfortable, classy, and has get up & go when you want it to. Plenty of space too. Love the display that lets me know if the tire pressure is low and also the option to have OnStar makes me feel a little better driving in the snow in Michigan. I feel secure. A must drive, must buy and enjoy!

Favorite Features

The style of the Grand Prix

Suggested Improvements

Cant think of a thing!

Excellent buy
By LS

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Grand Prix has always been one of the cars that I've liked, so i decided to give it a look wheni was in the market even though this was its last year. The drive is assurred, and fun, with ample power. i like the aggressive styling, and the quiet cabin. the interior is a tad bland, but everything else makes up for it. the drivers seat is nice and comfortable, and envelopes you in the seat. it feels like it has more than the 200 HP that it's rated at as its quick out the gate, and its mice to have the power when needed. Good MPG, in my first 1K I avg 23MPG in the city, which is excellent for a V6. bottom line, is that I think that I've made the best decision, as this was a great value.

Favorite Features

V6 power, great price for a 2008 certified vehicle, sporty drive, feel and look.

Suggested Improvements

Last model year, but they could've put in an AUX input for an ipod.