Used 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Great Car!
By Great Car

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car! I get about 24 miles per gallon average, which isn't fantastic, but isn't that bad, either. I love all of the features, like remote access, CD player, cruise control and especially the on-board computer system with trip meters, tire monitor and oil monitor. I feel very safe in this car! The other day I had run over a nail and didn't even know it until my computer system warned me that my front passenger tire was low! I love the sporty style, so unique from other cars out there. This is no boring Toyota! Great power, better than my 1996 Subaru. Only bad thing is the poor quality materials in the interior. Interior is set up nicely, though. Massive trunk space!

On-board computer system with trip, tire, oil monitors.

Well, they don't make them anymore, so no way to improve!

New to me
By skitterbug

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My 08 grand prix is 2 yrs old w/ 60k miles. I've only had it 2 days but so far it seems like a good car. The interior could use some work, I'm 5'7 and I feel like i'm going to hit my head on the roof w/ the seat completely lowered. On the other hand my 2 children cann't see out the windows in the back because the seats are too low. My son is 4'3, 5 yrs old and in a booster, the window placement is way too high. Plus I'm use to driving SUV's and I don't like how low the car sits I feel like I have to pull myself up out of the car. Time will tell I love pontiac and this is my second one. My sunfire lasted 7 years w/ tons of driving and little maintence hope this one holds up as well.

rotating air vents for easier positioning. cockpit feel with all the sterio and dash turned to face the driver.

well they dont make pontiacs anymore so i dont think suggesting improvements will do much good. Farewell to a good car company, thanks Obama

Great style at low price
By STEVE HECKMAN

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I was a car critic at a very early age and continue to be years after graduating from GMI [General Motors Institute]. The last Grand Prix is very distinctive which is a real plus compared to generic "non-style" from Toyota and other mass marketers. The GP also has a strong V6 that delivers excellent fuel economy without being a slug like many of it's competitors. Mine has a tan interior which remains cool even on the hottest summer days with the sunroof wide open. On winter days the heated seats react quickly and also serve to relieve muscle strain from shoveling snow. The seats are very comfortable even after a 500 mile drive. After 46k miles I have no complaints, only praise.

Favorite feature - great style for a 4 door car with more than adequate interior room. No generic look...not another old man's Camry.

None - the last GP will age gracefully, just as the first.

nice car!!!
By Colby

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

i just recently bought my 08 grand prix about a month ago... the only bad thing about this car is well i live in SD and it been snowing the car is basically land locked when it snows but great car on dry surface

the power the v-6 produce is great and the interior is great

well i drive lots of gravel roads and the car is to light for the loose gravel and fish tails all over the road my 2000 pontiac bonneville sle handle much better

Great Car to Own, driven 25000 miles.
By WestWorth9

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My Pontiac is a standard coupe with options. It has remote start (great for winter for heat or summer for A/C) built-in antenna, painted alloy wheels, full power seats, windows, doors, etc. Body on outside is great. The interior is overall good besides a little rattle of the smallest, imobile vent in the dash that is intermittent. Everyone loves my car but I've seen the same frame on the reliable, world famous 2002 Impala. That is not a bad thing at all, the interior is way different! I can't be more annoyed by prissy-foot drivers saying, "too much torque!" IT IS A PONTIAC!! THEY MAKE ALL CARS FASTER!! My Pontiac NEVER got stuck in the 2009 winter storm of Seattle!! 8" anywhere!!

ENGINE!! I have an aftermarket soundsystem in my car, the stock stereo was fine. Seating capacity is good for 5. The in-dash CPU is helpful. Steering ratio is great. Rear doors open nearly 90 degrees, good for handicaps. Trunk is like my old Lincoln, great. Alloy wheels match car (silver) Storages.

The front seat could have been a bench- seat like the 2002 Impala. In-dash CPU screen said, "Charging System Failure" twice while going up-hill and at 35mph. But nothing else to me...