2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Consumer Reviews

GXP 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic - (32 reviews )
Great Car!
By VROOOOOM! on 05/13/08 12:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

What an awesome car! I am a little sad that this will be the last Grand Prix model year, and that 2 doors are not an option anymore. But otherwise, I have owned 4 Pontiacs, 2nd Grand Prix (other was a 01 GT) and I expect the same level of satisfaction as with all the others. Gas mileage is NOT BAD for a V8, especially with the active fuel management system. When you spend as much time in a car as I do commuting, you must LOVE your car! Traded a Mazda CX7. The CX7 was awful on gas (with a 4 cyl), very hard to see out of, and felt cheap! I did not feel the joy of "zoom zoom." I definitely like the VROOM VROOM more!

Sweet!
By Pontiac RULZ on 04/28/08 14:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This car is the car of my dreams! It rides smoothly which makes me feel like I'm floating. I love the space and all the things that come along with it!!!

GXP Grand prix
By John Wilson on 04/25/08 22:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love this car! Fun Fun and more fun! But I like to just cruise and take in easy in the most wonderful (and great looking) sport seats! Great sound system. Reviewers bad rap this auto, how it looks ( body). Trust me people still look at it all the time. Still loved by the common folk!

BMW Killer?
By Realworld on 04/19/08 07:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

As far as this thing compared to a European sedan, that's like comparing a Jackhammer to a golf club. It does go - but, pretty much where ever the surplus of traction happens to be - hang on tight! or you might kiss the guard rail. Amenities are good but overkill - "Stealth Mode" is a bit sophomoric, as are the useless fixed tap shifters in a dated 4 speed slush box. (they work fine as a two speed stoplight racer). Brakes are more aesthetic than athletic - and where is the Spare tire? a can of goo? Interior quality typical GM with loose door panels(one fell off in parking lot after opening drivers door!), cheap plastic buttons and drooping headliner. Not too reassuring in a new car

American muscle
By BMW KILLER on 04/01/08 12:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my GXP for few months now. I had an 04 GTP and I must say that having the GXP is a big difference. The rumble from the exhaust is much greater and once you step on the gas you go. The tires are summer tires though which is a concern living in Chicago. Overall it's a blast to drive.

Very Comfortable Car: a few design flaws
By HK2674 on 03/30/08 20:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We just drove this car for a week and drove 3,000 miles in it (with our dog). It was a very comfortable, great car with a lot of room. We drove it from Nevada to Nebraska in rain, blowing snow, gusting winds and some black ice.

Move over BMW
By WHERES MY GTO on 03/18/08 19:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just got my GXP. WOW. My son has a BMW 325ci and now all he wants to drive is my American muscle V8. Front Wheel drive is cool in a V8. The torque steer is kinda weird but it is great is the rain and snow. I have been looking for a new car for several years but the GTO was not up to par, the Charger is no fun to drive, the 3 series BMW is too small, and the 5 series and Lexus are too expensive and this car competes with them rather handsomely.

GXP
By SG on 02/04/08 22:36 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 04 Grand Prix GTP to upgrade to a 08 GXP and I must say that what a difference it makes having a V8 engine. It rumbles and has much more power than the GTP. It handles better with the front tires being wider than the rear. I'm a Grand Prix fan and always will be.

Not a BMW 5 series killer...
By Gomez on 01/19/08 10:38 AM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

While the exhaust notes are a delightful symphony, the suspension and torque steer remove any fantasies of carving a canyon and putting the whup on any German engineered product. First impression: throaty growl stimulates adrenal gland...then ride on the street is like drinking sour milk. Suspension is so soft that the front emd bottoms out at speed over moderate undulations in the road. Feels like floating in a raft in the pool. Torque steer nearly planted me in the car in the next lane on the freeway. Under hard acceleration, it is not unlike flying a helicopter: don't even think of releasing the controls! Constant input requirement drowns the fun of the acceleration.

Best so far
By AJA85 on 12/10/07 15:53 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great car. Gas mileage is good but could be better. Very fun to drive yet very comfortable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.