Used 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Runs and Drives but not much more.
By driverEd!

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this with 30K on it and was excited for the 100K warranty. Too bad it does not cover anything that went wrong with this car. Fun to drive, exterior looks somewhat dated, but cool, interior is junk. Shift linkage jammed up and could not put car in drive, had to be towed. Heater vent fell out and split in half. Window seals on driver door leaks water, drips on window switches. Glove box handle broke and fell off, $165 for that part. Trunk seal leaks water, trunk gets moldy smell. Once and a while the engine won't start without cranking for over 1 FULL minute. Just another Union made piece of junk. It's for sale as of today!

Good pickup

None, they already closed up the Pontiac line. GOOD!

Great car, no wonder it got stolen!
By Betawolf

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Hey i bought my 08 grand prix this about a month ago, it got stolen last week. Very good looking car and has great power and acceleration. The fuel economy is a little on the down side thanks to the fuel thirsty V6. Interior looks modern and nice, with comfortable seats and a user-friendly cock-pit. The exterior is very stylish and sporty, with tinted windows, a spoiler, and sleek curves. I had no complaints with anything except my 2008 model had no anti-theft devices or onstar which in the end is why i do not have the car anymore!

Great looks, acceleration, and power.

Should have some form of anti theft! Paying for gas became expensive.

Good Car
By Preston&Jonathon

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this Grand Prix roughly a month ago. We love it! Before this we had a Grand Am GT which was great, and help in purchasing another Pontiac. The grand Prix, is much more refined and much smoother looking and running. Although for it's size and weight the base 3.8 can feel a little bit weak at times. And fuel economy leaves room to be desired.

Love the space inside! And it feels safe because it's so roomy. Also the aggressive looks.

Well, they have discontinued Pontiac. But if they could have made them more fuel efficient they would be perfect!

Okay Car
By 2008 Pontiac

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Pontiac and I do like Pontiac's, but this car has been in the shop for warranty work 3x already, and for other repairs about 2x. That's a lot for 2 years if you ask me. My last Pontiac went 4 years before I had to repair anything. I am a little disappointed and depending on how many more problems I have, will depend on whether I keep this car or not. If this is all Pontiac has left, then it was time to retire. I have had power steering problems, constant issues with the brakes, wheel bearings have already been replaced and the car has under 50,000 miles. I guess they don't make them like they used to.

Very stylish, power of engine.

It really doesn't matter now, but better quality all around would have been better.

My 3rd 3800 series engine
By Carl

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned an '86 Park Ave and a '92 Olds 88 prior to buying this car--both with 3800 engines. The 3800 is solid. My car has 31,000 mi. I look forward to keeping this car for the next 15 years. I bought the car used a year ago and have put 6,000 mi. on it. There's only 2 problems: the keyless remote needs new batteries and the rear seats could use a little more leg room. However, on the pro side, the car handles great in the city and on the highway. Plenty of power in any situation. I'm 6 ft. tall and feel fine in the driver's seat. Some folks grip about the interior finish--I think it's fine. Overall, I still love the car after a year and would recommend it.

Leather steering wheel, powerful proven engine, radio has good sound for being stock

Antenna (behind the radio) is frayed. This is a simple fix.