2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Great Car!
By Great Car on 04/11/10 16:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car! I get about 24 miles per gallon average, which isn't fantastic, but isn't that bad, either. I love all of the features, like remote access, CD player, cruise control and especially the on-board computer system with trip meters, tire monitor and oil monitor. I feel very safe in this car! The other day I had run over a nail and didn't even know it until my computer system warned me that my front passenger tire was low! I love the sporty style, so unique from other cars out there. This is no boring Toyota! Great power, better than my 1996 Subaru. Only bad thing is the poor quality materials in the interior. Interior is set up nicely, though. Massive trunk space!

New to me
By skitterbug on 02/15/10 08:34 AM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My 08 grand prix is 2 yrs old w/ 60k miles. I've only had it 2 days but so far it seems like a good car. The interior could use some work, I'm 5'7 and I feel like i'm going to hit my head on the roof w/ the seat completely lowered. On the other hand my 2 children cann't see out the windows in the back because the seats are too low. My son is 4'3, 5 yrs old and in a booster, the window placement is way too high. Plus I'm use to driving SUV's and I don't like how low the car sits I feel like I have to pull myself up out of the car. Time will tell I love pontiac and this is my second one. My sunfire lasted 7 years w/ tons of driving and little maintence hope this one holds up as well.

Great style at low price
By STEVE HECKMAN on 01/31/10 09:53 AM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I was a car critic at a very early age and continue to be years after graduating from GMI [General Motors Institute]. The last Grand Prix is very distinctive which is a real plus compared to generic "non-style" from Toyota and other mass marketers. The GP also has a strong V6 that delivers excellent fuel economy without being a slug like many of it's competitors. Mine has a tan interior which remains cool even on the hottest summer days with the sunroof wide open. On winter days the heated seats react quickly and also serve to relieve muscle strain from shoveling snow. The seats are very comfortable even after a 500 mile drive. After 46k miles I have no complaints, only praise.

nice car!!!
By Colby on 12/09/09 09:37 AM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

i just recently bought my 08 grand prix about a month ago... the only bad thing about this car is well i live in SD and it been snowing the car is basically land locked when it snows but great car on dry surface

Great Car to Own, driven 25000 miles.
By WestWorth9 on 07/14/09 01:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My Pontiac is a standard coupe with options. It has remote start (great for winter for heat or summer for A/C) built-in antenna, painted alloy wheels, full power seats, windows, doors, etc. Body on outside is great. The interior is overall good besides a little rattle of the smallest, imobile vent in the dash that is intermittent. Everyone loves my car but I've seen the same frame on the reliable, world famous 2002 Impala. That is not a bad thing at all, the interior is way different! I can't be more annoyed by prissy-foot drivers saying, "too much torque!" IT IS A PONTIAC!! THEY MAKE ALL CARS FASTER!! My Pontiac NEVER got stuck in the 2009 winter storm of Seattle!! 8" anywhere!!

1st new pontiac
By john on 03/20/09 15:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had this car for 6 days, highway was nice with little background noise with auto radio. I get excited every time I drive and love the car it's the newest car Iíve ever owned, and more power then Iím used to but Iím trying to conserve. it's roomy for everyone. The car does have get up and go, havenít gone on highway for long distance. I too like cockpit feel and how everything centers around me driving and easy access to info. I would like less plastic and stronger feel buttons I want this car to last and look good the whole time. I also hope they might bring back and improve gas or turn to cng car or hydrogen car for zero emission! and I'd get that I got this cause owned two pontia

Last of the Grand Prixs
By peter christoff on 02/14/09 19:49 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I think it was a big mistake for GM to do away with the Grand Prix. I love mine. I test drove a new G8, and was not impressed at all. The 2008 Grand Prix got a bad rap when they underrated it as just another carry over car that was ready to be put out to pasture,so to speak. I will drive this one with pride, and hope GM brings it back in a few years like the Camaro.

Wow!!
By Amy on 02/11/09 20:05 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Grand Prix 08, last year. My husband took me to a place right off base. And i saw a beautiful white/pearl car staring at me! we have a daughter who is turning 3..and let me tell you. the car is sooo smooth! everyone who gets in,..their first word is (WoW) this is a smooth car! plus it's big enough for a family..yet compact enough to be sporty! my husband loves my car! and my favorite feature is when you first get in, every single detail curves around the driver! I would say, its made to fit you!! Not to mention, in these economic times, we get about 19/24mpg yet it's cheaper then the camry and the malibu!

Gotta Love it!
By Cheryl on 11/17/08 16:00 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased my 2008 Grand Prix Sedan & I am just loving it! I had a Chrysler Sebring, then a Chevrolet HHR & my favorite is the Grand Prix! Just wish it was summer so I could ride the highway! But I just enjoy driving it back & forth to work. It's comfortable, classy, and has get up & go when you want it to. Plenty of space too. Love the display that lets me know if the tire pressure is low and also the option to have OnStar makes me feel a little better driving in the snow in Michigan. I feel secure. A must drive, must buy and enjoy!

Excellent buy
By LS on 11/08/08 09:44 AM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Grand Prix has always been one of the cars that I've liked, so i decided to give it a look wheni was in the market even though this was its last year. The drive is assurred, and fun, with ample power. i like the aggressive styling, and the quiet cabin. the interior is a tad bland, but everything else makes up for it. the drivers seat is nice and comfortable, and envelopes you in the seat. it feels like it has more than the 200 HP that it's rated at as its quick out the gate, and its mice to have the power when needed. Good MPG, in my first 1K I avg 23MPG in the city, which is excellent for a V6. bottom line, is that I think that I've made the best decision, as this was a great value.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.