Used 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Favorite Car
By mike_ike

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am writing this review on a 2008 Pontiac Grand Am that I own. I have owned this car for about two years and have only one bad thing to say about the car but other than that the car has been a great fit for me. I have owned the car for about five years. It has great gas mileage, great horsepower, it has needed only minimal repairs, and the only thing bad thing about it has been an issue with the ignition but that has been fixed. This is my first Pontiac I have bought and I don’t regret the decision one bit. Every day I have to commute about 20 miles to work, so most of the miles I have put on my car are highway miles. My Pontiac gets around 30 miles per gallon on the highway.

Favorite Features

the only issue I have had with this car has been that there was an ignition problem. I owned the car for about one year before the ignition problem occurred. The issue was that when I would start the car and it would sometimes turn off right away. I took it to my local mechanic and he informed me that we just needed to put a new starter in and it would be as good as new. I have not had any other issues with the car anymore. This car has excellent horsepower and a great engine. This car has excellent acceleration in town and on the highway. I change the oil every 3,000 miles and have no problems with the engine. I love listening to the sound of the engine! This car has lasted a long time.

Suggested Improvements

The interior of this car has been great for me. I would prefer leather but the cloth interior has worked for me. The front two seats are bucket seats with a console with two cup holders in the middle. I am a tall guy and this car gives me more than enough room to stretch out my legs. I have taken this car on many long trips to different states and this car has been great. The back seat which is a bench seat is very comfortable but lacks in leg room a little. The trunk is very spacious, as I said before I do a lot of traveling and the trunk gives me plenty of room for my suitcases and any extra things I need to bring along.

My favorite car
By hawkeye22

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I can't afford a BMW or Mercedes like the car magazines want you to, but count me as a Pontiac guy. This is my 3rd one and my 2008 Grand Prix is my favorite car of all time. I got it with 13k mile on it, have 89k on it now. No problems. Lots of horsepower, love the heated leather seats, the tire pressure system has come in handy. Slight hum from the climate control motor (drives my wife nuts, doesn't bother me). Started getting better gas mileage the more I drove it. I thought about trading it in on a 2014 Mustang but I would miss this car too much. I'm keeping it for now. (accidentally posted 1rst as comment to another review)

Favorite Features

Heated seats, remote start for winter. Power (this car will get up an go!).

Suggested Improvements

Only to keep making them so I can buy another one.

Excellent Car!
By evej

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Grand Prix used in 2009. I bought it with 60,000 Miles... Now July 6th 2012, It has 96,348 miles... it still runs great! The car was originally from California, and ever since i bought it i have never had any problems with it other thank the usual( breaks, wipers, etc..) i greatly recommend this car to any one who is considering buying one! Me and my son ( a high school/college student) share the car. We drive it A LOT everyday... gas mileage is okay. I would buy another one of these any day!

I'm in love
By jordanface

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I don't know much about cars, and from what I hear, Pontiac isn't the greatest kind of car....but I must say that I've grown to fall in love with my car. I bought it in 2009 when it had 30,000+ miles on it. Since then, I've put about 20,000+ miles on it and I've had absolutely no issues with my car. My only issue is that the front end bumper is so low, it end up scraping when I park. I've also got a minor leak in my oil pan, but that's nothing major. All in all, she's gotten me to numerous states and back with no issues. It's more of a "small person" car, but I don't have issues driving it.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel controls

Suggested Improvements

Raise the front end bumper

GM Cheated Us
By GMMan

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

WE bought a used pontiac grand prix se from Iron Trail Motors in Virginia Mn with 26,000 miles on it. The day after we got it the car started to have problems. The dealer fixed a few thing but not the major issues like the paint falling off. that's right the car now has 49,972 miles and the paint is falling off. i called GM and took it to get looked at, they told us it was in an accident and repainted and now delamination has began.GM said they cant help us but there is no proof of any accident on the title. They said there's nothing they can do. So in all don't go to a Gm dealer or you might get a car thats been smashed then GM says "sorry we cant help you"and so did the dealership that did it.

Suggested Improvements

Make good on your product