2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Favorite Car
By mike_ike on 06/12/14 11:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am writing this review on a 2008 Pontiac Grand Am that I own. I have owned this car for about two years and have only one bad thing to say about the car but other than that the car has been a great fit for me. I have owned the car for about five years. It has great gas mileage, great horsepower, it has needed only minimal repairs, and the only thing bad thing about it has been an issue with the ignition but that has been fixed. This is my first Pontiac I have bought and I don’t regret the decision one bit. Every day I have to commute about 20 miles to work, so most of the miles I have put on my car are highway miles. My Pontiac gets around 30 miles per gallon on the highway.

My favorite car
By hawkeye22 on 09/27/13 18:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I can't afford a BMW or Mercedes like the car magazines want you to, but count me as a Pontiac guy. This is my 3rd one and my 2008 Grand Prix is my favorite car of all time. I got it with 13k mile on it, have 89k on it now. No problems. Lots of horsepower, love the heated leather seats, the tire pressure system has come in handy. Slight hum from the climate control motor (drives my wife nuts, doesn't bother me). Started getting better gas mileage the more I drove it. I thought about trading it in on a 2014 Mustang but I would miss this car too much. I'm keeping it for now. (accidentally posted 1rst as comment to another review)

Excellent Car!
By evej on 07/06/12 21:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Grand Prix used in 2009. I bought it with 60,000 Miles... Now July 6th 2012, It has 96,348 miles... it still runs great! The car was originally from California, and ever since i bought it i have never had any problems with it other thank the usual( breaks, wipers, etc..) i greatly recommend this car to any one who is considering buying one! Me and my son ( a high school/college student) share the car. We drive it A LOT everyday... gas mileage is okay. I would buy another one of these any day!

I'm in love
By jordanface on 09/05/11 14:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I don't know much about cars, and from what I hear, Pontiac isn't the greatest kind of car....but I must say that I've grown to fall in love with my car. I bought it in 2009 when it had 30,000+ miles on it. Since then, I've put about 20,000+ miles on it and I've had absolutely no issues with my car. My only issue is that the front end bumper is so low, it end up scraping when I park. I've also got a minor leak in my oil pan, but that's nothing major. All in all, she's gotten me to numerous states and back with no issues. It's more of a "small person" car, but I don't have issues driving it.

GM Cheated Us
By GMMan on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

WE bought a used pontiac grand prix se from Iron Trail Motors in Virginia Mn with 26,000 miles on it. The day after we got it the car started to have problems. The dealer fixed a few thing but not the major issues like the paint falling off. that's right the car now has 49,972 miles and the paint is falling off. i called GM and took it to get looked at, they told us it was in an accident and repainted and now delamination has began.GM said they cant help us but there is no proof of any accident on the title. They said there's nothing they can do. So in all don't go to a Gm dealer or you might get a car thats been smashed then GM says "sorry we cant help you"and so did the dealership that did it.

Runs and Drives but not much more.
By driverEd! on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this with 30K on it and was excited for the 100K warranty. Too bad it does not cover anything that went wrong with this car. Fun to drive, exterior looks somewhat dated, but cool, interior is junk. Shift linkage jammed up and could not put car in drive, had to be towed. Heater vent fell out and split in half. Window seals on driver door leaks water, drips on window switches. Glove box handle broke and fell off, $165 for that part. Trunk seal leaks water, trunk gets moldy smell. Once and a while the engine won't start without cranking for over 1 FULL minute. Just another Union made piece of junk. It's for sale as of today!

Great car, no wonder it got stolen!
By Betawolf on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Hey i bought my 08 grand prix this about a month ago, it got stolen last week. Very good looking car and has great power and acceleration. The fuel economy is a little on the down side thanks to the fuel thirsty V6. Interior looks modern and nice, with comfortable seats and a user-friendly cock-pit. The exterior is very stylish and sporty, with tinted windows, a spoiler, and sleek curves. I had no complaints with anything except my 2008 model had no anti-theft devices or onstar which in the end is why i do not have the car anymore!

Good Car
By Preston&Jonathon on 08/23/10 18:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this Grand Prix roughly a month ago. We love it! Before this we had a Grand Am GT which was great, and help in purchasing another Pontiac. The grand Prix, is much more refined and much smoother looking and running. Although for it's size and weight the base 3.8 can feel a little bit weak at times. And fuel economy leaves room to be desired.

Okay Car
By 2008 Pontiac on 05/04/10 10:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Pontiac and I do like Pontiac's, but this car has been in the shop for warranty work 3x already, and for other repairs about 2x. That's a lot for 2 years if you ask me. My last Pontiac went 4 years before I had to repair anything. I am a little disappointed and depending on how many more problems I have, will depend on whether I keep this car or not. If this is all Pontiac has left, then it was time to retire. I have had power steering problems, constant issues with the brakes, wheel bearings have already been replaced and the car has under 50,000 miles. I guess they don't make them like they used to.

My 3rd 3800 series engine
By Carl on 04/20/10 13:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned an '86 Park Ave and a '92 Olds 88 prior to buying this car--both with 3800 engines. The 3800 is solid. My car has 31,000 mi. I look forward to keeping this car for the next 15 years. I bought the car used a year ago and have put 6,000 mi. on it. There's only 2 problems: the keyless remote needs new batteries and the rear seats could use a little more leg room. However, on the pro side, the car handles great in the city and on the highway. Plenty of power in any situation. I'm 6 ft. tall and feel fine in the driver's seat. Some folks grip about the interior finish--I think it's fine. Overall, I still love the car after a year and would recommend it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.