Used 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Consumer Reviews

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP

GXP 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic - (33 reviews )

Pontiac shouldn't have left us
By Tom rauch

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After owning the car for about a year, I have gone through all 4 seasons. Spring, good. Summer, alright with the exception of the tranny running hot. Fall, good. Winte... now getting 2 feet of snow in a week, icy roads and a v8. I was nervous, but with stability control, abs, and traction control I found myself more relaxed through the winter then I thought I would be. This car has truly surprised me with it winter capabilities. I snowboard and so I need room for my gear, and also need to get up the mountain. This car has proved itself worthy.

Now fuel economy for me is about 22 mpg, I drive 60 miles a day just for work and plus all of my running around is in this car. For a v8 and me having a heavy foot sometimes, I can't complain. Which brings me to my next point. This car is quiet, but if you open her up she has a growl that is just beautiful. Not to much and not to little.

The interior is... Well the hud is nice, I love the seats, butt warmers, dual auto climate control, and dic. However the plastics rattle Alot. It is in my opinion the biggest down side to the car.

I am aproaching 85k miles, and do regular maintenance, along with preventative maintenance, and have had no major issues yet.

I am happy with this car so far after putting almost 20k miles on it and hope it keeps me that way.

Very cheap interior and build quality
By sbronemann

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car in May of 2012 with 28,500 miles on it.
Currently has 62k on it and things are starting to go bad.
Headlights turn off occassionally on their own, valve cover gasket is leaking, sunroof leaks, and ignition switch is going bad.
It is fun to drive and does get pretty good gas mileage, recent trip to South Carolina resulted in 31.3 MPG cruising right at 71 mpg GPS verified.
The torque steer is absolutely horrible as you could expect with a front drive V8 with 303 HP.
Looking to get rid of it very soon.

HUD, heated seats, remote start.

GRAND PRIX GXP 2008-STILL THE BEST
By awos

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just an update on my 2008 GXP. I have 55,000 miles on it now and still running like new. It's hard to believe that most car mags blasted this car. This car will run with most sports sedans and knock the hell out of the rest.
If you can find one thats been maintained, oil changes and the like, BUY IT.
I'm 6' 3"" tall and 230 lbs and the leather seats are still in great shape.
Why Pontiac was killed is a shame.
Bring it back, somebody.

Tap shift, seats, a/c automatic, HUD and sound of 5.3L with Borla's mufflers.

Bring back Pontiac

2008 GP GXP
By awos

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my red GXP for 3 1/2 yrs now. She got 48,000 miles on her and no problems, here that Consumers Report, Car & Driver and rest of critics. The car preforms day in and day out.
Fast, comfortable and reliable.
I am 6'2" and there's plenty of room
Interior is standing up better than expected.

HUD, Heated seats and Paddle shifters

Bring back PONTIAC!!!

Will miss the Grand Prix, get one if you can
By bobr15

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2008 GXP used from a MA dealer who bought it at rental auction at 12k miles in June '08 (was a former Alamo rental). Excellent car, but burned through brakes like crazy. After replacing front brakes with rotors at about 18k, needed all brakes/rotors again at 25k. Some light arm twisting at the local dealer and GM rep agreed to a whole new set of rotors/pads front and back. Still holding at 37k though there's a lot of brake dust on the front wheels. Smoking, fast car. Even better than the 2000 Grand Prix GTP turbo I drove for 8 years prior. Too bad, it's the end of an era.

Acceleration. Roomy interior. Signature red aircraft like instrument cluster at night. Heads up display. Decent mileage for V8. Good room in back seat. Price vs. comparable import.

Doesn't matter now. R.I.P. Grand Prix.