2008 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Very cheap interior and build quality
By sbronemann on 06/20/13 03:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car in May of 2012 with 28,500 miles on it. Currently has 62k on it and things are starting to go bad. Headlights turn off occassionally on their own, valve cover gasket is leaking, sunroof leaks, and ignition switch is going bad. It is fun to drive and does get pretty good gas mileage, recent trip to South Carolina resulted in 31.3 MPG cruising right at 71 mpg GPS verified. The torque steer is absolutely horrible as you could expect with a front drive V8 with 303 HP. Looking to get rid of it very soon.

GRAND PRIX GXP 2008-STILL THE BEST
By awos on 05/31/13 13:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just an update on my 2008 GXP. I have 55,000 miles on it now and still running like new. It's hard to believe that most car mags blasted this car. This car will run with most sports sedans and knock the hell out of the rest. If you can find one thats been maintained, oil changes and the like, BUY IT. I'm 6' 3"" tall and 230 lbs and the leather seats are still in great shape. Why Pontiac was killed is a shame. Bring it back, somebody.

2008 GP GXP
By awos on 03/12/12 10:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my red GXP for 3 1/2 yrs now. She got 48,000 miles on her and no problems, here that Consumers Report, Car & Driver and rest of critics. The car preforms day in and day out. Fast, comfortable and reliable. I am 6'2" and there's plenty of room Interior is standing up better than expected.

Will miss the Grand Prix, get one if you can
By bobr15 on 12/19/10 18:31 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2008 GXP used from a MA dealer who bought it at rental auction at 12k miles in June '08 (was a former Alamo rental). Excellent car, but burned through brakes like crazy. After replacing front brakes with rotors at about 18k, needed all brakes/rotors again at 25k. Some light arm twisting at the local dealer and GM rep agreed to a whole new set of rotors/pads front and back. Still holding at 37k though there's a lot of brake dust on the front wheels. Smoking, fast car. Even better than the 2000 Grand Prix GTP turbo I drove for 8 years prior. Too bad, it's the end of an era.

Great Car Overall
By blakehannan on 12/14/10 17:14 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car last February used. It is very fast, rides tight... Hard suspension so its a little bumpy but ill survive due to the performance. I love the look of the exterior with the factory wheels, id love to put some different wheels on to make it look even more sharp! But, the downfall to this vehicle is the interior, the seats are nice, but the plastic throughout the car is a little annoying and i do not believe that Pontiac put any time into it and did not give the consumer what they should have gotten. Could have been an AMAZING vehicle, but due to this, just great. Good fuel economy for 5.3 L V-8.

2008 grand prix gxp
By DUANE on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Best car I ever had, great styling and handling, nice design, 23 mpg combined city and hwy, nice leather seats

2008 grand prix gxp
By DUANE on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Beast car I ever had, love how it handles and hugs the road. Great body design

2008 grand prix gxp
By DUANE on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

2008 grand prix is the best car I ever owned, absolutely love driving it. To bad Pontiac is gone, maybe it will return one day. Love the looks and power of this car. The designer should be proud. "American power and muscle, with great looks"

Honest Review of the Grand Prix GXP
By pontiac owner jim on 06/13/10 09:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I'm a young professional and I need a car to take clients out. I test drove a gently used maxima, a tsx,and an IS 250. Liked them all. I test drove the GP GXP and was pleasantly surprised. The V8 power,options,and handling of this car far outperformed the others above. And it was ~ $8,000 less. The car is not perfect. Fuel economy is not good and there are some cheap materials on the interior. There is torque steer due to front wheel drive but its not intolerable. But the performance and options you get for the value far outweighs the negatives.

Gxp, Pontiac's best
By AL on 06/01/10 09:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have had this car for a year now, the only repair we have had was a flat tire. They best car we have owned! For someone who is big, comfort is excellent. Power is enough too put down most cars. Why they axed Pontiac is a crime.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.