Used 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Pontiac shouldn't have left us
By Tom rauch

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After owning the car for about a year, I have gone through all 4 seasons. Spring, good. Summer, alright with the exception of the tranny running hot. Fall, good. Winte... now getting 2 feet of snow in a week, icy roads and a v8. I was nervous, but with stability control, abs, and traction control I found myself more relaxed through the winter then I thought I would be. This car has truly surprised me with it winter capabilities. I snowboard and so I need room for my gear, and also need to get up the mountain. This car has proved itself worthy. Now fuel economy for me is about 22 mpg, I drive 60 miles a day just for work and plus all of my running around is in this car. For a v8 and me having a heavy foot sometimes, I can't complain. Which brings me to my next point. This car is quiet, but if you open her up she has a growl that is just beautiful. Not to much and not to little. The interior is... Well the hud is nice, I love the seats, butt warmers, dual auto climate control, and dic. However the plastics rattle Alot. It is in my opinion the biggest down side to the car. I am aproaching 85k miles, and do regular maintenance, along with preventative maintenance, and have had no major issues yet. I am happy with this car so far after putting almost 20k miles on it and hope it keeps me that way.

Favorite Car
By mike_ike

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am writing this review on a 2008 Pontiac Grand Am that I own. I have owned this car for about two years and have only one bad thing to say about the car but other than that the car has been a great fit for me. I have owned the car for about five years. It has great gas mileage, great horsepower, it has needed only minimal repairs, and the only thing bad thing about it has been an issue with the ignition but that has been fixed. This is my first Pontiac I have bought and I don’t regret the decision one bit. Every day I have to commute about 20 miles to work, so most of the miles I have put on my car are highway miles. My Pontiac gets around 30 miles per gallon on the highway.

the only issue I have had with this car has been that there was an ignition problem. I owned the car for about one year before the ignition problem occurred. The issue was that when I would start the car and it would sometimes turn off right away. I took it to my local mechanic and he informed me that we just needed to put a new starter in and it would be as good as new. I have not had any other issues with the car anymore. This car has excellent horsepower and a great engine. This car has excellent acceleration in town and on the highway. I change the oil every 3,000 miles and have no problems with the engine. I love listening to the sound of the engine! This car has lasted a long time.

The interior of this car has been great for me. I would prefer leather but the cloth interior has worked for me. The front two seats are bucket seats with a console with two cup holders in the middle. I am a tall guy and this car gives me more than enough room to stretch out my legs. I have taken this car on many long trips to different states and this car has been great. The back seat which is a bench seat is very comfortable but lacks in leg room a little. The trunk is very spacious, as I said before I do a lot of traveling and the trunk gives me plenty of room for my suitcases and any extra things I need to bring along.

My favorite car
By hawkeye22

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I can't afford a BMW or Mercedes like the car magazines want you to, but count me as a Pontiac guy. This is my 3rd one and my 2008 Grand Prix is my favorite car of all time. I got it with 13k mile on it, have 89k on it now. No problems. Lots of horsepower, love the heated leather seats, the tire pressure system has come in handy. Slight hum from the climate control motor (drives my wife nuts, doesn't bother me). Started getting better gas mileage the more I drove it. I thought about trading it in on a 2014 Mustang but I would miss this car too much. I'm keeping it for now. (accidentally posted 1rst as comment to another review)

Heated seats, remote start for winter. Power (this car will get up an go!).

Only to keep making them so I can buy another one.

Very cheap interior and build quality
By sbronemann

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car in May of 2012 with 28,500 miles on it. Currently has 62k on it and things are starting to go bad. Headlights turn off occassionally on their own, valve cover gasket is leaking, sunroof leaks, and ignition switch is going bad. It is fun to drive and does get pretty good gas mileage, recent trip to South Carolina resulted in 31.3 MPG cruising right at 71 mpg GPS verified. The torque steer is absolutely horrible as you could expect with a front drive V8 with 303 HP. Looking to get rid of it very soon.

HUD, heated seats, remote start.

GRAND PRIX GXP 2008-STILL THE BEST
By awos

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just an update on my 2008 GXP. I have 55,000 miles on it now and still running like new. It's hard to believe that most car mags blasted this car. This car will run with most sports sedans and knock the hell out of the rest. If you can find one thats been maintained, oil changes and the like, BUY IT. I'm 6' 3"" tall and 230 lbs and the leather seats are still in great shape. Why Pontiac was killed is a shame. Bring it back, somebody.

Tap shift, seats, a/c automatic, HUD and sound of 5.3L with Borla's mufflers.

Bring back Pontiac