2008 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
My favorite car
By hawkeye22 on 09/27/13 18:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I can't afford a BMW or Mercedes like the car magazines want you to, but count me as a Pontiac guy. This is my 3rd one and my 2008 Grand Prix is my favorite car of all time. I got it with 13k mile on it, have 89k on it now. No problems. Lots of horsepower, love the heated leather seats, the tire pressure system has come in handy. Slight hum from the climate control motor (drives my wife nuts, doesn't bother me). Started getting better gas mileage the more I drove it. I thought about trading it in on a 2014 Mustang but I would miss this car too much. I'm keeping it for now. (accidentally posted 1rst as comment to another review)

Very cheap interior and build quality
By sbronemann on 06/20/13 03:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car in May of 2012 with 28,500 miles on it. Currently has 62k on it and things are starting to go bad. Headlights turn off occassionally on their own, valve cover gasket is leaking, sunroof leaks, and ignition switch is going bad. It is fun to drive and does get pretty good gas mileage, recent trip to South Carolina resulted in 31.3 MPG cruising right at 71 mpg GPS verified. The torque steer is absolutely horrible as you could expect with a front drive V8 with 303 HP. Looking to get rid of it very soon.

GRAND PRIX GXP 2008-STILL THE BEST
By awos on 05/31/13 13:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just an update on my 2008 GXP. I have 55,000 miles on it now and still running like new. It's hard to believe that most car mags blasted this car. This car will run with most sports sedans and knock the hell out of the rest. If you can find one thats been maintained, oil changes and the like, BUY IT. I'm 6' 3"" tall and 230 lbs and the leather seats are still in great shape. Why Pontiac was killed is a shame. Bring it back, somebody.

Excellent Car!
By evej on 07/06/12 21:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Grand Prix used in 2009. I bought it with 60,000 Miles... Now July 6th 2012, It has 96,348 miles... it still runs great! The car was originally from California, and ever since i bought it i have never had any problems with it other thank the usual( breaks, wipers, etc..) i greatly recommend this car to any one who is considering buying one! Me and my son ( a high school/college student) share the car. We drive it A LOT everyday... gas mileage is okay. I would buy another one of these any day!

2008 GP GXP
By awos on 03/12/12 10:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my red GXP for 3 1/2 yrs now. She got 48,000 miles on her and no problems, here that Consumers Report, Car & Driver and rest of critics. The car preforms day in and day out. Fast, comfortable and reliable. I am 6'2" and there's plenty of room Interior is standing up better than expected.

I'm in love
By jordanface on 09/05/11 14:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I don't know much about cars, and from what I hear, Pontiac isn't the greatest kind of car....but I must say that I've grown to fall in love with my car. I bought it in 2009 when it had 30,000+ miles on it. Since then, I've put about 20,000+ miles on it and I've had absolutely no issues with my car. My only issue is that the front end bumper is so low, it end up scraping when I park. I've also got a minor leak in my oil pan, but that's nothing major. All in all, she's gotten me to numerous states and back with no issues. It's more of a "small person" car, but I don't have issues driving it.

Will miss the Grand Prix, get one if you can
By bobr15 on 12/19/10 18:31 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2008 GXP used from a MA dealer who bought it at rental auction at 12k miles in June '08 (was a former Alamo rental). Excellent car, but burned through brakes like crazy. After replacing front brakes with rotors at about 18k, needed all brakes/rotors again at 25k. Some light arm twisting at the local dealer and GM rep agreed to a whole new set of rotors/pads front and back. Still holding at 37k though there's a lot of brake dust on the front wheels. Smoking, fast car. Even better than the 2000 Grand Prix GTP turbo I drove for 8 years prior. Too bad, it's the end of an era.

Great Car Overall
By blakehannan on 12/14/10 17:14 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car last February used. It is very fast, rides tight... Hard suspension so its a little bumpy but ill survive due to the performance. I love the look of the exterior with the factory wheels, id love to put some different wheels on to make it look even more sharp! But, the downfall to this vehicle is the interior, the seats are nice, but the plastic throughout the car is a little annoying and i do not believe that Pontiac put any time into it and did not give the consumer what they should have gotten. Could have been an AMAZING vehicle, but due to this, just great. Good fuel economy for 5.3 L V-8.

GM Cheated Us
By GMMan on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

WE bought a used pontiac grand prix se from Iron Trail Motors in Virginia Mn with 26,000 miles on it. The day after we got it the car started to have problems. The dealer fixed a few thing but not the major issues like the paint falling off. that's right the car now has 49,972 miles and the paint is falling off. i called GM and took it to get looked at, they told us it was in an accident and repainted and now delamination has began.GM said they cant help us but there is no proof of any accident on the title. They said there's nothing they can do. So in all don't go to a Gm dealer or you might get a car thats been smashed then GM says "sorry we cant help you"and so did the dealership that did it.

2008 grand prix gxp
By DUANE on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Best car I ever had, great styling and handling, nice design, 23 mpg combined city and hwy, nice leather seats

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix in WA is:

$168 per month*