Great vehicle
By iamian on
2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
This vehicle performs much better then I had anticipated. I had heard so much about the torque steer during acceleration and was very pleased when I actually got behind the wheel and pounded the peddle a few times. There is a fair amount of torque steer but if you have both hands on the wheel its actually very mild. This car also goes very very fast, very very quickly. 0-60 in 5.7 is no lie. The interior is very comfortable. The heated seats and lumbar support make driving long periods almost enjoyable. Gas mileage was a concern for me with the v8 but I see 28-33 mpg pretty consistently when I cruise control around 70-75. The gas mileage you get from this car is based solely on how you drive
Favorite Features
Love the heads up display. I haven't looked at my speedometer since I bought the car honestly. Stealth mode (kills all interior lighting except the HUD) is nice for night time driving as all the red interior lighting can be distracting. The driver information center is pretty handy, and pretty functional. I pretty much always have it on my instant MPG so I can tell how much money i'm burning up in real time. My GXP came with the monsoon sound package and it sounds very good. No need for a system unless you want other people to hear your bass. Comfy seats, lots of space in the back. Fold down seats let you move most of an apartment in one trip. I have fit a full size kayak in it.
Suggested Improvements
Less textured plastic in the interior. One thing that really annoyed me was when I put change/phone/lighter/anything really in the center console. It would rattle against the plastic and it annoyed me to no end. I put pieces of thin rubber in the bottom and the sides. Now it doesn't rattle any more but it would have been nice to already have in there off rip. Aside from that I have no major complaints. This car is fun to drive, it turns heads, and i'm glad I bought it. GM really should have kept Pontiac around.