Used 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Pontiac Grand-prix - Consumer Reviews

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP

GXP 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )

What A Difference Tires Make!
By richgimmel

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I replaced the factory tires this week with Bridgestone Potenza RE960 Pole Positions and guess what... NO TORQUE STEER! This car is now amazingly fun to drive, and with a lot less road noise.

Favorite Features

5.3 V-8, handling, nimbleness.

Suggested Improvements

Replace the factory original tires to minimize road noise and virtually eliminate torque steer.

Great car and fun to drive
By andrewsf27

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have currently 32,000 miles on this car and it has absolutely been the best car that I have ever owned & I have had 12. I have only had a few issues which I have been able to get resolved with the dealer. I tinted the windows and with the dary grey color this car looks sharp.

Favorite Features

Heads up display, throaty horsepower, roomy in front and rear(even with a 5 year old), comfortable on long rides, XM radio & Monsoon sound system.

Suggested Improvements

The brakes& rotors had to have work done on them much quicker than I think should need attention. The tires on the car(Bridgestone Potenza's) wore out pretty fast & 18 inch tires are NOT cheap. Brakes threw a LOT of dust and I was constantly cleaning them. Once I got new brakes, have not had issues

underrated
By question00

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

the v-8 is fast while still getting great mileage. i average 22 mpg with a good mix of city and hwy driving. as the editors review says, there may be to much torque because of the powerful v-8; however i wouldn't trade down the horsepower. great car. good mix of sports car, fuel economy, and luxury vehicle.

Favorite Features

hud display. heated leather seats. driving performance.

Suggested Improvements

miles of plastic in the interior is a bit of a turnoff. some wood grain maybe?

Rattles and Rotors
By ldenn

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Big fan of the Pontiac Grand Prix 3x owner. This car has a lot of rattling inside which seems to come from the sunroof, have had it at the dealership 8 times and they still are not able to fix it. The rattling becomes very unerving on long road trips and bumpy roads. The rotors had to be replaced the first year I had it and now have to be replaced again 6 months later. There is a problem with the rotors obviously.

Favorite Features

heated seats, power, sound of engine

Suggested Improvements

fix the rotor problem and fix the sunroof, I like a quiet car when I drive.

The most beast for the buck
By TopCop35

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After my 2003 GTP, there were some big shoes to fill. I do miss the whine of the supercharger lighting up, but the throaty rumble of the exhaust is a nice replacement. The acceleration is smooth and fluent, cornering is a breeze, love the new HUD, and DIC with variable component monitoring. All in all, this car has rocked my socks off and the looks, honks, and thumbs up from other drivers are a sure sign of true appreciation. She's a beautiful beast that looks sophisticated and menacing at the same time with hidden power galore. This definitely isn't your father's sports sedan ;)

Favorite Features

Hands down, the flawless acceleration and smooth cornering. The HUD and DIC displays are fantastic at night, making operations and checks extremely simple, even in heavy traffic. The Navigation/DVD/CD system is insane, whether you like rock, blues, hip hop, or country. This car's the total package!

Suggested Improvements

A little more head room and leg room in the rear. Also, I'd like to see available billeted grills for the lower intake on the front and side exhaust ports as well as chrome door handles (on black it's gorgeous). RAM ports on the front grille too.