2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP Consumer Reviews 2

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Consumer Reviews

GXP 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )
Pretty Face, but no substance
By ds on 06/16/07 20:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased a very sleek, stealthy black 2007 Grand Prix GXP in 2/07, new. At 500 miles, transmission began to fail. Dealer stated "no problem found". At 3,000 miles, dealer tried to repair tranny, then had to replace tranny entirely. Still does not run correctly. Also, the only tires which fit rear wheel are Bridgestone Potenza. No one else manufactures 225/50/18's. So far, 3 defective tires, 4 alignments, 12 force variance balances...steering wheel still shudders, and there's excessive tramlining. Car is pretty..but that's all. Nearly undrivable. I've filed for Lemon Law repurchase, at 3,500 miles.

Great Car
By John on 05/01/07 11:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

More standard features than the Charger was a huge selling point for me. Anyone complaining about the gas mileage didn't do their homework before they bought. For a large V8 it gets me 19 in mixed driving and as much as 30 on the open road. No issues with torque steer due to the larger front tires. Love the HUD and Monsoon stereo.

Best Grand Prix Ever
By Thunderchicken on 04/09/07 12:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned several Grand Prixs over the years and have found the '07 GXP to be the best yet. It has a great combination of handling, power and technology. Taking into account the car has a 300+ bhp V8, the fuel economy is very good. I get 26 mpg on the highway and 22 mpg city. I am not lead footed but do lean on it a bit from time to time. I find the build quality to be a bit lacking for the interior but a dash dress up kit really helps. The only down sides are poor factory tires and massive torque stear under hard excelleration. Pirelli PZero 255/45ZR18 solves the tire problem. Sorry, no solution for the torque stear. All in all a great, good looking adult sports sedan. Great value

A Corvette Sedan?
By youngturk on 01/14/07 17:38 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had a number of Corvettes, and traded my 04 'Vette for an '07 GXP because I wanted something a bit less "in your face" because of my work, but something that would still be a performer. I found it in this GXP, and at $20k less. It does 0-60 within .6-sec of the Corvette, and handling is terrific. The guys in the auto press who whine about torque steer are off base when it comes to everyday use of this car. Yeah, torque steer is there if you look for it when you push this vehicle to its limit, but it's not a significant factor, and definitely not a problem. This is a great, fun vehicle that's exceptionally well-designed and well- put-together at a fantastic value.

Grand Prix GPX
By RichInFla on 09/17/06 12:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Quick, agile, fun to drive! Garners plenty of looks, and glares from other drivers when you beat them off of the line!

Can't beat it for the price!
By HAPPY-GXP-GUY on 08/26/06 14:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Wanted a family sized four door that had a bit of performance. BMW's, Infinitis and all the others were too small, under powered and 30% to 40% more in price. It is definitely not as refined as those cars listed above, but I am not spending my kids college money on a car either. My last Grand Prix went 8 years and 160,000 trouble free miles, i hope this does the samne.

3rd gxp it bolts
By joe on 08/24/06 07:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

it goes like this: to have a v8 gxp with all options it's a pleasure to drive anywhere. in city with tap shift you have little to worry about getting off the mark. I find myself driving less than the speed limit!!? just because I want to here the exhaust purr its about time. stereo great as usual with xm but its not for the weak with this size engine you need to know what your driving.