2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Consumer Reviews

GXP 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )
Good performance, horrible reliability
By dmblystone14 on 06/14/13 20:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a GXP used with less than 30K miles in early 2010. I now own a 2009 G8 GT, and while the performance is comparable the reliability is not. Too many issues, most being transmission related for me to recommend this to another buyer. If you have one of these and you make it to 50k miles without replacing the transmission consider yourself lucky. I began having transmission problems at 35k miles and had the tranny fluid changed but still didn't shift right. within 5k miles had to have a new tranny put in. The car never shifted right again.

Great vehicle
By iamian on 08/16/12 22:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle performs much better then I had anticipated. I had heard so much about the torque steer during acceleration and was very pleased when I actually got behind the wheel and pounded the peddle a few times. There is a fair amount of torque steer but if you have both hands on the wheel its actually very mild. This car also goes very very fast, very very quickly. 0-60 in 5.7 is no lie. The interior is very comfortable. The heated seats and lumbar support make driving long periods almost enjoyable. Gas mileage was a concern for me with the v8 but I see 28-33 mpg pretty consistently when I cruise control around 70-75. The gas mileage you get from this car is based solely on how you drive

$$$
By hunter0562 on 08/03/12 10:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Fun car but everytime I turn around I'm putting money into it. Can't keep tires on it and I've tried different brands. Brakes - reguar maintenance but much more expensive than a regular car. Transmission 1 went out at 84,000. Transmission 2 went out at 120,000 - and I feel the dealer didn't install Transmission 2 correctly (the shift stick was never right) and the dealer didn't do anything for me. Transmission 3 has been great (now at 156,000). Now just had a wheel crack - GM sells them for $700!I found one for $450. Great fun to drive but be aware of high performance car costs.

Love This Car!
By amiejungej on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After owning two previous Grand Prix's, a 97 then a 2001, (we loved them both) we decided a newer one was in order. I have only had my GXP for a couple of months, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. We took her on a road trip from Nebraska to California, and we were very impressed with the mileage that we got, even over mountains! I really like how everything is within easy reach of the driver, even if she is short. I love this car! Pontiac should have never quit making driving excitement.

Great car all around
By Anthony on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have been driving this car for couple years now and I would never trade it in.

What A Difference Tires Make!
By richgimmel on 01/10/10 06:23 AM (PST)

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I replaced the factory tires this week with Bridgestone Potenza RE960 Pole Positions and guess what... NO TORQUE STEER! This car is now amazingly fun to drive, and with a lot less road noise.

Great car and fun to drive
By andrewsf27 on 10/19/09 16:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have currently 32,000 miles on this car and it has absolutely been the best car that I have ever owned & I have had 12. I have only had a few issues which I have been able to get resolved with the dealer. I tinted the windows and with the dary grey color this car looks sharp.

underrated
By question00 on 07/12/09 11:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

the v-8 is fast while still getting great mileage. i average 22 mpg with a good mix of city and hwy driving. as the editors review says, there may be to much torque because of the powerful v-8; however i wouldn't trade down the horsepower. great car. good mix of sports car, fuel economy, and luxury vehicle.

Rattles and Rotors
By ldenn on 05/13/09 06:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Big fan of the Pontiac Grand Prix 3x owner. This car has a lot of rattling inside which seems to come from the sunroof, have had it at the dealership 8 times and they still are not able to fix it. The rattling becomes very unerving on long road trips and bumpy roads. The rotors had to be replaced the first year I had it and now have to be replaced again 6 months later. There is a problem with the rotors obviously.

The most beast for the buck
By TopCop35 on 06/22/07 14:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After my 2003 GTP, there were some big shoes to fill. I do miss the whine of the supercharger lighting up, but the throaty rumble of the exhaust is a nice replacement. The acceleration is smooth and fluent, cornering is a breeze, love the new HUD, and DIC with variable component monitoring. All in all, this car has rocked my socks off and the looks, honks, and thumbs up from other drivers are a sure sign of true appreciation. She's a beautiful beast that looks sophisticated and menacing at the same time with hidden power galore. This definitely isn't your father's sports sedan ;)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.