Used 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Best car yet!
By CmMichaels

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Last year I got a job that required me to have a reliable car that got decent gas mileage, so I took my old pickup that needed weekly maintenance and traded it. When I was offered a trade for this '07 Grand Prix (this is NOT the GXP V8, it's the base model V6). I took her for a spin. When I popped the hood and saw she had the 3.8 litre engine I fell in love on the spot! I've had 3 Lesabres and that engine is my favorite! I've now had the car just over a year, I am the second owner, and apparently the first owner took good care of her because she has been wonderful. I had to replace the brake pads and one headlight in a year. My only problem with the car is that I'm fat and over 50, so getting out of a low sitting bucket seat is work. But I can't blame the car for that. Another review mentioned the water flushing sound. My car gets that too. Weird. Harmless but weird. I will soon be selling this because I've found a cherry LeSabre, and the bench seat is more my style. It's been a great car and I will be selling it to someone very lucky indeed.

My first nice car!
By Josh A

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

To preface, while trying to write this review the review menu would only allow me to pick the V8 model of grand Prix. This review is for the Base Model 3.8L V6.

I had an old terrible Mzda B2500 a while back that I sold to buy this car. So far my experience with it has been mostly positive.

I'm 6'2 and the car has been able to accommodate my size well. The front and read seat are comfy and have sufficient room in comparison to other cars I've driving.
My seats are felt and the arm rests / doors are leather. So far the interior has held up really well.
Thing is as fast as you could want it to be without a turbo in it. Took it to the track and got it up to around 130 mph easy. Thing didn't even break a sweat. Now don't get me wrong, it's not the fastest car in the world but in comparison to all the shotty 4 cyld cars out there this thing can really boogie.

Pros:
It's comfy, fast as hell, good looking, plenty of trunk space, and has a great sound system on board.

Cons:
21 mpg in town 25 on the hwy
There is an oxygen sensor right in the way of the middle back spark plug. The only way to remove said spark plug is to remove the catalytic converter and then remove the oxygen sensor that's mounter on the exhaust manifold directly inline with the plug.
Transmission oil pan gasket is junk.
Terrible visibility on the inside, windows in the back are just to darn small.
No room in the engine bay to work with at all. I gave myself a second degree burn on the exhaust manifold trying to change the serpentine belt. I would almost consider pulling the whole engine to change the head gaskets, there's just to much engine for that tiny engine bay.
The serpentine belt pops off if you hit a 1 inch deep puddle at 20 mph.
The stock iridium spark plugs are darned expensive turning a $100 tune up into a $180 tune up : /
Rotors will warp if you look at them wrong.

Other than all that the car is great. If I had a choice though I would buy a car with a non-transverse engine with more visibility while driving.

Nothing special, Get one cheap, budget for repairs
By Cobo Rodregas

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been good enough, but only because I got a good deal for it.

Had a lot of problems with coolant leaks (cheap hose clamps), the turn signal stock malfunctioned and would blind random people (cheap, poor quality part), and replaced the radio right away since the display didn't work, lots of buttons dials that won't light up (non replaceable incandescent bulbs for back lighting!!! GM your cheapness astounds me).

Its got OK acceleration otherwise performance is pretty meh. Drives like its much larger than it is, not at all nimble.

Interior is all cheap plastic, but the fabric on all the seats has held up well.

Pros: Most repairs are relatively cheap and easy (even if they are frequent). Nice smooth ride on the highway. Remote start is a fun feature. Nice big trunk. Comfortable ride.

Cons: Coolant problems, Poor quality parts, mediocre fuel economy, dead non-replaceable bulbs for many switches/buttons.

So in short, Its an OK car if you aren't freaked out by steam billowing out of the hood, or overheating in the dead of winter. If this is the car you want, get it cheap.

Pretty decent car.
By Ben

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Third times the charm!
By Kylie K

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Third car, probably the best car I've had. First car was a 99' gran prix, 2nd was a 07 Honda Civic (junk), then my 2007 Pontiac gran prix. I rea a lot of harsh reviews before I decided I would get it to find out my self. I actually found my car on Craig's list, risky I know, but 74k mile for $7k is hard to beat for a good looking car. My car does make a water flushing noise under the hood which is pretty annoying but took it to get looked at and said it was alright. Everything in this car is great except the radio which isn't the end of the world. Just could use an update or atleast an aux cord hook up. It drives great, gas mileage is not terrible as my first car was. I would buy this car again if the made another!