Used 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Best Car I Have Ever Owned
By wilbnel

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2007 Grand Prix in early 2008 with around 20k miles on it. It now has 205,000 and I just took it in for my first repair - a small transmission leak that causing a slip. $300 later and it runs as good as the day I bought it. This car is a rock-solid, no-issues, dependable automobile. I drive it over 100 miles every single day and it has never let me down. I have the oil changed every 5k-6k miles and it I would drive it across the country tomorrow.

Favorite Features

Comfortable enough for a big guy to drive. This car feels solid and heavy - yet very responsive handling.

Suggested Improvements

No room in the back seat at all. If you're planning to carry passengers that aren't children, they will not have much room in this car.

Hey It's A Pontiac What Can I Say?
By evnsptc

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I ordered my Grand Prix GT brand new to my specifications (Purple Haze Metallic, Tan Heated Leather, HUD, Monsoon 6-Disc, Moonroof, Dual Climate, etc). First of I have 4 Pontiac (00' GP GT Sedan, 01' GP GTP Special Edition Coupe, 04' Bonneville GXP and my 07' GP GT) I love them all and this one is my second favorite (followed by my Bonny) It is very comfortable, fast, reliable and just overall great looking. I take great care of my cars and they get professionally detailed every other month and I detail them every other month (wash, polish, wax, clay bar, leather treatment, interior protectant and wheel cleaner. All of my cars have less than 65K miles too! My 07 has 32K and still is great!

Favorite Features

The Heads Up Display, Moonroof, Monsoon audio, Sporty 17' Polished Aluminum 5 Split Spoke Rims, Rear Spoiler, 3.8L Supercharged V6 W/ 260HP, Heated Leather, Soft Yet Sporty Suspension. Pretty much everything. . . .

Suggested Improvements

The 4-Speed Transmission should have been a 6-Speed. The interior could have had a better design/layout as well as some better interior quality (I like my 00' and 01' Grand Prix's Leather trimmed soft door panels and dash layout) The front and rear fascias could have been a bit different but I like it either way. The advertisement! GM doesn't advertise their products very much if at all! GM should have kept the Pontiac brand! Maybe soon GM can bring Pontiac back as a "Niche Brand" that makes 3 models: The Grand Am (G6) on Alpha Platform (Sedan/Convertible), The Bonneville (G8/GTO) on Alpha Platform (Sedan/Coupe/Wagon) and The Grand Prix (GP/T-A) on Sigma ll Platform (Sedan/Coupe

Good performance, horrible reliability
By dmblystone14

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a GXP used with less than 30K miles in early 2010. I now own a 2009 G8 GT, and while the performance is comparable the reliability is not. Too many issues, most being transmission related for me to recommend this to another buyer. If you have one of these and you make it to 50k miles without replacing the transmission consider yourself lucky. I began having transmission problems at 35k miles and had the tranny fluid changed but still didn't shift right. within 5k miles had to have a new tranny put in. The car never shifted right again.

Favorite Features

The engine is awesome in these things and if mated with a better tranny would be epic. HUD is a great feature and loved the look of the red brake calipers with the drilled rotors. The leather seats with suede inserts are the best seats I've ever sat in.

Suggested Improvements

The problems with this car? Reliability, reliability, reliability. Here is the list of things I had replaced within 2 years/20,000 miles of ownership (most of which were covered by the powertrain warranty or good-willed to me by the dealer, thank God). Transmission at 40K miles which still never shifted right after and began to leak fluid again at 50K miles. The alternator and battery at 45K miles. The intermediate drive shaft at 46K miles. The starter solenoid at 47K miles. There aren't too many things more nerve-wracking then worrying about your car every day. Although I never had to have the thing towed, was able to at least drive it to the dealership every time for repairs.

Great vehicle
By iamian

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle performs much better then I had anticipated. I had heard so much about the torque steer during acceleration and was very pleased when I actually got behind the wheel and pounded the peddle a few times. There is a fair amount of torque steer but if you have both hands on the wheel its actually very mild. This car also goes very very fast, very very quickly. 0-60 in 5.7 is no lie. The interior is very comfortable. The heated seats and lumbar support make driving long periods almost enjoyable. Gas mileage was a concern for me with the v8 but I see 28-33 mpg pretty consistently when I cruise control around 70-75. The gas mileage you get from this car is based solely on how you drive

Favorite Features

Love the heads up display. I haven't looked at my speedometer since I bought the car honestly. Stealth mode (kills all interior lighting except the HUD) is nice for night time driving as all the red interior lighting can be distracting. The driver information center is pretty handy, and pretty functional. I pretty much always have it on my instant MPG so I can tell how much money i'm burning up in real time. My GXP came with the monsoon sound package and it sounds very good. No need for a system unless you want other people to hear your bass. Comfy seats, lots of space in the back. Fold down seats let you move most of an apartment in one trip. I have fit a full size kayak in it.

Suggested Improvements

Less textured plastic in the interior. One thing that really annoyed me was when I put change/phone/lighter/anything really in the center console. It would rattle against the plastic and it annoyed me to no end. I put pieces of thin rubber in the bottom and the sides. Now it doesn't rattle any more but it would have been nice to already have in there off rip. Aside from that I have no major complaints. This car is fun to drive, it turns heads, and i'm glad I bought it. GM really should have kept Pontiac around.

$$$
By hunter0562

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Fun car but everytime I turn around I'm putting money into it. Can't keep tires on it and I've tried different brands. Brakes - reguar maintenance but much more expensive than a regular car. Transmission 1 went out at 84,000. Transmission 2 went out at 120,000 - and I feel the dealer didn't install Transmission 2 correctly (the shift stick was never right) and the dealer didn't do anything for me. Transmission 3 has been great (now at 156,000). Now just had a wheel crack - GM sells them for $700!I found one for $450. Great fun to drive but be aware of high performance car costs.