2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Review: So far so good!

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Review

So far so good!
By Dan on

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Wanted to get into something a bit cheaper to run than my truck. This is it. Originally I was looking at G6 sedans, base 4 banger, only option I wanted was cruise. This is just so much more car for the money! Only have it not even 2.5 months and already have 6,500 miles on it. It is just racking up the miles without a hiccup. Runs good, gets decent mileage and is just an all-around good ride. So far no problems. Headroom could be better, the sunroof eats into it a bit. With the rebates, if you just need basic transportation, this fits the bill quite nicely!

GM's 3800. I've had many cars with this engine. Ran my Cutlass to 200 grand. Both Buicks had over 120 grand. I've no doubt that this thing will last for me. It is the base model, withOUT ABS!!! I hated ABS. I can drive myself thank you, it's really not hard.

The back seat needs more leg and foot room. For a kid it is probably OK, but for the average adult, it seems cramped. GM really needs to put the controls on their vehicles in the same places. Headlights, wipers, stuff like that. Other than that it's pretty good. Could use a bigger glovebox too.