Review after 4 years of reliable and fun performance
By 218 on
2006 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
I aquired my 2006 Grand Prix(base) in March 2009 and I have to say it is an excellent performer and reliable daily driver. In the time that I have owned my Gp, I have had little to no problems with it. The car can definitely makes a daily drive exciting with it's 200hp-230 torque as it has defeated many a foe. It also responds very well to modifications, I've placed a CAI, ZZP 304 SS headers, downpipe, and catback with Flowmaster Super 44s. It sounds badass to finalize. My friends praise its quickness and superb ride quality on the road, its a bliss to drive daily and a joy when the go-pedal is abused. In short, it is an excellent car and I would reccomend one to all.
Favorite Features
First and foremost, the 3.8L V6. It is an excellent engine, extremenly reliable and potent even in it's base form. Second would be the exterior looks, just drop dead gorgeuos. She still mesmorizes me and I often gaze at it repeatedly. Pontiac made a beautiful car! Third is the ride quality, it drives so well as I am told and I definitely agree! Highway driving is, as I have said, a relaxing bliss. Fourth is the interior lighting and comfy bucket seats. The Pontiac red really makes the gauges look cool and sporty, the design is cool. The only improvement would have been better materials for the dash. Trying to shine that GM plastic is a bother, though only on the door panels.....
Suggested Improvements
Troubles are as follows: 1. Excess oil consumption on my car, it burned its oil and need a fill-up after only 1K miles instead of the 5K for Mobil 1 Full Synth. Some 3.8 sedans/cars have this issue, some do not. It's manageable but annoying. 2. Its on it's second trans speed sensor, with the third coming soon. Possible trans issues but then again I have run her hard in the past so this issue can be attributed to me. 3. Some cracks on the dash, and a clip broke for the gauge bezel. No big deal really. Thats it, no other problems to speak of.