2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Review: Not so family oriented

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Review

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan

Not so family oriented
By shoeguy72 on

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My supercharged Grand Prix seemed like the most practical way to go for me, since I needed a "ffamily oriented" vehicle that has more than 2 doors, and I wasnt willing to take the leap off the cliff to the minivan, but now that I've owned it for 5 months, I realize how impractical this is for a family vehicle. Too low to the ground which makes car seats a real pain in the butt, rides hard, Black leather interior always makes the car warm, and it has lost so much of its value already retailed for 23k when I purchased it, and dealerships wont give me more than 13k on trade 5 months later? I'd never buy one of these again.

Moonroof, spoiler, heated seats, keyless entry

Navi standard, offer cooled seat option, along with heated and cooled cupholders, make the supercharger seem like it makes a difference. Accelerates very similar to a non supercharged grand prix. get rid of digital boost guage, use a needle instead. Supercharged should mean at least 300hp, not 260.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By mg67
on 07/17/15 19:25 PM (PDT)

I worked for GM for OVER 15 YEARS THE SUPERCHARGED ENGINE IS OVER 300 H.P GM UNDERESTIMATES LOWER FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES JUST LIKE THE GXP RATES AT 303 HP ITS MOR LIKE 335 so thank GM for keeping your insurance rates affordable!!!