2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Review: No more Hondas for me!

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Review

GT Sedan (3.8L V6 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic)

No more Hondas for me!
By GM Convert on

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

After an accident I got a Grand Prix as a loaner. Turning the key & hearing the rumble of the twin exhausts got my undivided attention. Good acceleration, gas mileage & style won me over! The V6 Accord & Camry get about the same mileage but both look like Grandpa-mobiles! Initial quality is great-Iíve not been back for anything to repaired-my Accord had many trips back! Upkeep is less & the insurance rates are lower than my Ďsuperiorí Honda. The GT is the best value w/extra toys, traction control, antilock brakes & twin exhaust. One rental week converted meĖ I havenít owned a GM car in 20 years but I donít think Iíll ever consider another foreign car againÖ this one is too good!

Favorite Features

Love the sound of the twin exhaust & rumble of the engine-pickup is great with the 3.8 engine & I get 20mpg in town. Redundant radio controls are convenient-the radio has great sound. On-Star gives a sense of extra safety & they can unlock my car if I lock the keys inside! Gets lots of compliments!

Suggested Improvements

Paint it bright red! Except for the black that I got and the discontinued Fusion Orange the colors are too boring. The rear view mirror needs an auto dimmer and it would be nice if the re-circulate button on the A/C didnít reset itself every time you turn off the car.