Must be a GXP ... don't skimp!
By SciMjr on
2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
The 2005 Grand Prix GXP is my first new car & I LOVE IT!!! I have black exterior with the Ebony Suede/leather interior. LOTS of power and you have to learn how to step on the gas w/o chirping the wheels! If you are planning to FLOOR the gas at the light you must hold the wheel because there's a little torque steer and the wheel will try to jump. Not a big problem. Interior is very nice and the two front seats are very comfortable in my opinion. I love the cockpit design; all radio & climate controls are angled to the driver. I feel the back is roomy and I am 6' 1" ... the seats are a little hard though. Gas milage is good for a V-8 but I do 10 mile runs so it may be off for me.
Favorite Features
Number one fav is the Heads Up Display. HUD projects compass, outside temp, and speed onto the windshield. VERY COOL item for all us gadget geeks! 2nd may sound funny but the suede inserts in the seats keep them from getting ICE cold in the winter and skin melting HOT in the summer like leather
Suggested Improvements
Hmmm, softer back seats for passengers would be the #1 improvement. In 2006, GXPs have a passenger airbag light smack in the middle of the control panel where radio & climate controls are and this little stupid light takes away from the look ... LOSE THE LIGHT! As long as the bags work when needed.