2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Review: Great Fun Car

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Review

GXP Sedan (5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Great Fun Car
By pwalsh on

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just leased a GXP and I'm very impressed. I just finished graduate school and got a good job so I could finally afford a nice car. I looked at the Charger a lot and was almost set on it when a friend persuaded me to test drive a GXP based on what he had read about it online. I took his advice and ended up getting one just weeks later. Everything everyone has already written here is true. I leased because I want to wait to see about the reborn Camaro and Challenger in a few years. But regardless this is a sweet car. I'm 23 and I love driving it. It feels and looks like a sports car despite its sedan heritage. Loud, fast V8...good old American muscle. What's not to love?

Loud, fast V8. XM radio built in (though must subscribe after first 3 mos. free to keep getting it), schoolyard bully looks with great wheels and dual exhaust. Interior doesn't feels all American...no Euro influences here. Overall great car...what took Pontiac so long?

What everyone's already said. Interior could use some upgrades. Should have a spare. Now if only they could restyle the GTO to have this level of appeal.