2006 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great Automobile

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Review

Great Automobile
By D. Goodrode on

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased it, love it, sharp looking in the Stelth Gray, quiet, comfortable, solid, and handles good on twisty roads. Only 200 horses but more than enough, keeps up with all but the quickest sedans costing twice as much. Looks of a European sedan, comes standard with tons of gadgets. The electronics can be customized to your own taste. This is a classy automobile. Many creature comforts and fold down rear seats for extra long items. Many 2006 improvements on the engine and trans. The 3.8 V6 has tons of torque coupled with the medium duty (not light) 4L65-E trans is a great combo. No I'm not a dealer, I'm the son of a son of a mechanic and appreciate a well built automobile.

Favorite Features

Like getting into the cock pit of a plane, and I know what that's like. Sure footed, adgile, fun to drive. The DIC (Driver Information Center) is great. Programmable bells and whistles so you can get rid of the annoying dings and dongs. Big trunk, lay down rear seats, and plenty of room.

Suggested Improvements

For me. NONE, for you could be many, I'm 5'9" tall and it fits like a glove,and not a tight glove.The only real problem I'm having is trying to figure out a stripe or other graphic that could improve the looks. Haven't found one yet.