2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Review: Grand X-iting Prix

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Consumer Review

Grand X-iting Prix
By Kichigai on

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Driving this car is a lot of fun, I don't recommend test driving it if you aren't interested in purchasing it, because you will after. The guys at the dealership love when someone test drives it. I was looking for a vehicle in the $20,000's and drove a few, but after seeing the GXP and the test drive the next day, yeah I went back, I forgot all about the civic si, mazda rx-8 and saturn redline. It handles great and all components are easily reached by the driver, which is bad for passenger because they will have to lean to use any of them. My gas consumption has averaged about 19-20 mpg so far, even all highway. I hope this changes as the engine breaks in.

Favorite Features

Since buying the car, I have fallen even more in love, using the remote start on warm days, passing cars, stopping on a dime, playing with the radio from the wheel, gassing it from lights and stops, and especially the Heads Up Display.

Suggested Improvements

My suggestions would be, rear wheel drive would have been great, and the view for backing up is poor, even though there is an optional camera and monitor. I was also dissapointed in the factory mpg to actual mpg. Last, a programmable door opener would be nice.