GP/GT Excellent car for the money!
By Frankie on
2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)
I had been looking to get the Grand Prix GXP but they are hard to find used and insurance costs are higher. I bought my GT model with 15,000 miles on it and could not be happier. The Eaton Gen 5 Supercharger really puts some punch into the 3800 V6. The seats are super comfortable [stitched leather]they are heated, with electric lumbar support. The remote start is great. I drive 95% freeway, so the power is Awesome when you need to pass, or enter the freeway. The ride is very smooth and for a sedan it corners quite well. It is a great combination of Luxury and Performance.
Favorite Features
Gotta Love the Eaton Supercharger! I also really like the way the interior is designed. It has a great cockpit feel for the driver. The seats are the most comfortable I have ever experienced. [the wife loves them too]The remote start and heated seats with dual climate control have been great.
Suggested Improvements
I think the Grand Prix should have the manual shift mode just like the Pontiac G6 has in it's GT and GTP models. It would also be nice to increase the Horsepower on the GT model to 285 with 300 pounds of torque. That would put it under the current 15.0 quarter mile time.