Best bang for your buck
By Q on
2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I loved my 2006 Grand Prix GXP the second I drove it. I was looking for something with muscle that could still be somewhat sensible. I have had zero problems with the car, and I still love it. I have the mileage up to almost 23,000 already, and I'm in the thing constantly. The remote start is fantastic! It even has a sensor that detects the outside temperature..so if you remote-start your car on a hot day, the A/C comes on, start it on a cold day, the heat comes on. All in all, my only complaint was lack of tire selection..however, Goodyear is now manufacturing Eagle F1 All-Seasons in the appropriate sizes and they are killer tires. There are several companies that make tires for it..
Favorite Features
The engine...beautiful sound, wonderful acceleration, and the torque steer isn't half bad. The heads-up-display is amazing, and I got mine with a NAV system that is fantastic. All in all, I am happy with just about every aspect of the car.
Suggested Improvements
Tires. The Protenzas that come on the car are good 3-season tires, but if you want something with traction in the winter, buy a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 All-seasons, they're much better all around. The tire sizes are new, so there is limited availability, but that is being rapidly fixed