A great blown Grand Prix
By Joe on
2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)
I've owned this car for 2 years, was a previous owner of an '04 non- supercharged version, and I love it. It's fast and stylish and gets pretty good gas mileage. Although good, I have to clarify the mileage rating as was given in a few of the other ratings. This car has never averaged 30 mpg for me, and I live 7 miles from my job. My trip computer indicates 21 mpg (avg) on good days, 17 if I get on it hard. The trip computer will show avg, instant, and range mpg info. It's good, but not that good. Still, for the size of its motor, it's weight, and the hp rating, it's plenty good for me. It provides a very smooth and stable ride and can hold the road very well for its weight.
Favorite Features
The 260 hp SC'd V6, and exterior styling the most. This car is SEXY, and a beast to drive. They don't make a Honda or Toyota that can keep up. I love the interior styling as well, the big speedo, dash tilted toward the driver, red backlight, and trip computer.
Suggested Improvements
My main suggestion is WEIGHT REDUCTION! This car is over 1000 pounds heavier than any other car in its class. But the weight helps. And it could have 300 hp, vs. 260. And it's a bit tight in the back seat for tall people, and the slant of the rear window puts the sun on your head in back.