2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Consumer Reviews

GXP 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic - (66 reviews )
American Built
By James Maus on 10/21/05 11:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I drove a G6 and loved the tight body. The GXP is not as tight, but the V8 power is awesome. I disagree with Edmunds because they aren't factoring in price and gas mileage. The Charger may be a better car, but it's a new model. Grand Prix has been around a few years. Also, the Charger, which is much heavier doesn't get 28 mpg on the highway (GXP does if you use cruise control). Also, I got a loaded GXP for 28000. A similarly equipped Charger would go for 35000, and OnStar isn't even available! In an other 18 months, I am going to get the G6 GXP!!

Just Loving It
By mIKE57 on 10/04/05 00:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought GXP and have never looked back. Most fun and exciting drive I have had in 20 years. Great ride, handling, accel and got almost 27mpg on hwy trip. Why did it take Pontiac so long??? My 5 year old loves it.

GXP = WOW
By James on 08/18/05 16:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I went into to drive and buy a G6 GTP and drove off with a GXP. The hiway mileage is great...My first measured tank got 25 mpg...with a 300 hp V8! It is incredibly quick....be ready for a real jolt when you put the pedal down. I got the employee discount. A lot of people notice and ask quesions about it.

Great driving car
By mikie22 on 08/07/05 15:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Fantastic! Excellent handling and it gets better miles per gallon then the v- 6 I traded in (25mpg). Sport red is just right and Onstar is great.

GET 1
By TonyGXP on 08/02/05 22:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I found this vehicle to please me more than any other performance car I've ever owned & I can put 2x4's in it!! Ride is a little stiff but that is expected for the handling you get in return. Avg fuel economy is 18.0 MPG thats mostly city driving, short trips & occasional beating (hard not to, its so fun)

exciting car
By GXP owner on 07/13/05 18:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had the vehicle for over 2 weeks and the GXP version is awesome. Has outstanding V-8 and it really goes. Looks are headturning

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.