2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Great Car, Great Price
By Jovinski on 05/03/07 09:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Always like the Grand Am, and was looking for a GT when I found this on the lot. Drove it and was in love. It is just a great car! Tons of power, very comfortable. I'm 6'5" and it's got plenty of room for me. Seats are some of the best I've ever had, had Caddy's, Acura's and Saabs. The leather is top notch and shows no wear. Monsoon sound is incredible, but distorts a little when it's way up. And probably could use more bass. For its size, it drives smaller and corners great! Highway miles are smooth and comfy and the seat heaters are great for my lower back. Climate is strong and works quickly. What a great car.

Excellent car for the money
By tarponking on 04/14/07 08:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Great car, very responsive. Love the supercharger, love the looks, drive and feel of this car. Plenty of room for family of four. Would love to see better gas mileage. For the price you can't beat this car.

A real Import Intimidator
By Eddy on 03/18/07 16:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I purchased this GT version being less than one year old at a great price. This car has solid feel with no lack of power when required. The interior design is comfortable with all the treats of leather, sunroof and power seat. I enjoy the ride on 17" tires as it handles well. I came from a Grand AM GT and this feels much better. I went on twisty roads on my way skiing and it was awesome, power to come out of corners on the uphill. You don't need to push this car as it comes on easy. I have had imports before and the 4 bangers don't do it. The V6's are over priced and limited supply. The fit and finish is top notch.

GP/GT Excellent car for the money!
By Frankie on 02/23/07 17:07 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I had been looking to get the Grand Prix GXP but they are hard to find used and insurance costs are higher. I bought my GT model with 15,000 miles on it and could not be happier. The Eaton Gen 5 Supercharger really puts some punch into the 3800 V6. The seats are super comfortable [stitched leather]they are heated, with electric lumbar support. The remote start is great. I drive 95% freeway, so the power is Awesome when you need to pass, or enter the freeway. The ride is very smooth and for a sedan it corners quite well. It is a great combination of Luxury and Performance.

GT Very Well Balanced-Rocks!
By Frankie on 02/05/07 11:51 AM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Bought mine end of year with 15,000 miles on it. Never owned a Grand Prix prior to this. I have owned 4 GTO'S. This is the quickest six out there. The Eaton Generation 5 Supercharger Rocks! With the heated seats, remote start, excellent stereo sound and stitched leather interior you cannot go wrong! Since the improvement in GM cars from 2000 going forward, I cannot see why the foreign market is so popular? I have driven the Honda's,Mazda's, etc and find you end up paying a lot more for what? Pontiac has a quality and exciting car here -a real sleeper. If you need too pass or merge on the interstate this car Rocks! Beats any six out there and a lot of the V8's. Excellent all around vehicle

Great Car for the Money
By AZEX on 01/28/07 19:19 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

When my 93 Geo Prizm died we needed a car, and fast. While the I was not excited about the Gran Prix at first I quickly saw for the money this was great buy. To get the 3800 V6 in a loaded Gran Prix was a steal compared to smaller foreign makes with 4 cylinders which were priced much higher than the Gran Prix. The car is fast, hugs the road, and is able to carry the family and all of our gear. The trunk is HUGE.

GT is an Awesome car!
By Frankie on 01/28/07 18:45 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I really Love the Grand Prix, as a former GTO [I have had four of them] owner I am very impressed with the performance of the Supercharged 6 cylinder. The car has a great stereo, dual climate control, heated sets and remote start. A lot of fun to drive! Awesome acceleration with the Eaton Supercharger! 17 inch wheels and wide-track provide a really nice ride.

Excellent Purchase
By Stan on 12/20/06 15:37 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I drove the GXP for a couple of weeks and thoroughly enjoyed the 303 hp and all the gadgets this model comes with. However, with gas prices high, I opted for the 260 hp v6. Still plenty of power and the car is nice looking with comfortable seats.

This things fast and smooth
By woolly on 11/28/06 18:39 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Bought the car with 4,000 miles on it, pretty loaded and supercharged. I still have a 1999 Bonneville and I thought it was fast. This car is unbelievable for the money. Looks like an expensive sports car and drives like one.

This GP is awesome!
By Dayelilly on 11/09/06 08:18 AM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned our new Grand Prix less then a month and it is awesome! Really fun to drive, hugs the road and your flying before you realize it! All the instruments are turned toward the driver which makes it easy to use the a/c, heat or radio. There are "6" air vents on the front dash! The profile of this car is fun and sporty! You really couldn't ask for more car or features for the money! All the power you need and a great ride! Pontiac needs to advertise this car more! We didn't go in to buy a Grand Prix but one test drive and we were hooked! Looking forward to some fun trips on the road.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.