Used 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Pontiac Grand-prix - Consumer Reviews

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP

GXP 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic - (66 reviews )

Tire Problem
By Art

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My gxp is a fun car to drive in the summer. I live in new england. This car is impossible to drive in the winter because of the performance tires. The car comes with two different size tires, 255/45R 18 front, and 225/50R 18 rear. I have spent hours on the internet to try to find a set of all-season tires. I have also checked with local tire dealers in my home area. So far, I have had no luck at all with this problem. Buyers Beware !!!

Favorite Features

Performance, it's just a fun car to drive, in the summer.

Suggested Improvements

Tire problem

best car
By KYLE

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

what car do you know that goes out of second gear at 100 mph, just all around great car, tight, awesome ride, i sell 'em and i love 'em, '06 is the last year for blue green crystal, go read the car and driver review and get the real facts!!!! kyle -ny-

Favorite Features

nav 2 disc slot's, tap shift, wheels, seats.....

Suggested Improvements

the monsoon stereo, they have to take the 6x9's out of the rear deck and install them onto the rear doors, they get too distorted when you put it loud. stock sterio sounds better in tyhe rear

Driving Experience
By Review

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have looked around for a new vehicle, and this Pontiac has it all, the power, of the V8 and the great looks, I bought the Black one, I think that is the only color it looks good in, the ride is great, it could use more room in the back seat, the trunk space has alot of room, if you are looking for a new car, take a look at the Pontiac GXP,AND MOST OF ALL take it for a test ride, you won't be disappointed, this car has alot for the price.

Fast and Versatile
By guy

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

So it's a low-life's dream car, so what? It has many assets: Much cheaper than the Volvo S60R I was also looking at, expressive appearance, dark cherry red exterior, cool rims, black leather interior, smooth ride, lots of cargo space, and rumbling 303hp V8 that runs on 4 cylinders for 28 mpg when cruising. And fun to drive, with great acceleration, control and braking. On downside, w/ my ht, driver's seat must be tilted back so I don't hit roof. Also, headrest is fixed parallel w/seat back, so it's too far back to be of use even if seat weren't tilted. Was car designed for Neanderthals, or should I drive with a racing helmet? I just slouch along, but somehow it works for me.

Favorite Features

Engine, handling, auto volume adjustment on stereo, remote staring feature, cargo space with fold-down seats, styling, and general versatility of car.

Suggested Improvements

More headroom, legroom and adjustable headrests, firstly. On-Star should be an option, not a standard feature...who needs it? A spare tire should be available for the GXP, but isn't. More chrome on exhaust pipes. Better outward visibility. Free satillite radio Hybrid version, ethanol capable.

Just Bought it and LOVE IT!
By pat

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I hate to say it, but this one was somewhat of an unexpected, impulse buy. I looked at a Honda Accord at 8:30 this morning and was driving a Pontiac GXP off the lot by 12:30 this afternoon. There is just something about that throaty V8 and the wrap around cockpit that says "this feels right!" It has the clothes of a sports sedan, but is undoubtedly a legitimate muscle car. My advice is if you're going to buy an Accord, Maxima, or high- end Altima, don't test drive this car... you'll never look back... Pat

Favorite Features

Cruising speed on the highway uses 4 cylinders... Not a typical muscle car option... I think it's a nice touch that saves the consumer a little cash...

Suggested Improvements

None yet... This is only day one : )