Used 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Consumer Reviews

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP

GXP 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic - (68 reviews )

better than other years
By dlpVI

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

this is the 3rd Grand Prix that I have owned, and I must say that Pontiac got it right this time!! The last Grand Prix that I owned was a 1999 GTP, but this new car rocks. Its fast and rides really nice. The cock-pit is nice and easy on the eyes at night. Everything seems to be in the right place (well other than the dimmer switch). This car was the dealer demo so I got a gr8 deal on it. Was going to buy a Maxima, now that I own this Pontiac, I would not consider owning the nissan now. what more can I say, Ponaic got it RIGHT and now all they have to do is stay there and they will have many happy and loyal customers. I know I will be looking forward to the next new Pontiac to hit the market

Red on black dash lights at night, leather seats, Remote start, nice ride, and good steering feel. Everyone in the market for a mid-size car need to testdrive a Grand Prix. Once behind the wheel you will love it.

nothing to put here as of now. My car is new and only has 954 miles on it so its working gr8 and I am loving it.

Unbeatable for the money
By Drew

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This car has been great. I've had it for a year and put about 24,000 miles on it, without a single problem. V8 is awesome, and gives mid-20's gas mileage (mixed driving, but more highway). Looks great in black. Got it loaded with options for under 30k. Very comfortable car for me (5'6"), and everybody else I've ever had in it. Car rides, brakes, and handles very well. I'd recommend this car to anybody, at least drive it before spending comparable money on an Accord, etc.

V8! Also love the nav system, which puts instructions on the heads up display so you don't have to look down at it. Heated, very comfortable seats. Vented disk brakes, great suspension, and oh, the V8.

Works ok for the winter, but an AWD option would be nice, which would also improve handling when giving it a lot of gas (300hp in front drive can be a little exciting). Flex fuel would be great in a few years.

Tire Problem
By Art

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My gxp is a fun car to drive in the summer. I live in new england. This car is impossible to drive in the winter because of the performance tires. The car comes with two different size tires, 255/45R 18 front, and 225/50R 18 rear. I have spent hours on the internet to try to find a set of all-season tires. I have also checked with local tire dealers in my home area. So far, I have had no luck at all with this problem. Buyers Beware !!!

Performance, it's just a fun car to drive, in the summer.

Tire problem

best car
By KYLE

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

what car do you know that goes out of second gear at 100 mph, just all around great car, tight, awesome ride, i sell 'em and i love 'em, '06 is the last year for blue green crystal, go read the car and driver review and get the real facts!!!! kyle -ny-

nav 2 disc slot's, tap shift, wheels, seats.....

the monsoon stereo, they have to take the 6x9's out of the rear deck and install them onto the rear doors, they get too distorted when you put it loud. stock sterio sounds better in tyhe rear

Driving Experience
By Review

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have looked around for a new vehicle, and this Pontiac has it all, the power, of the V8 and the great looks, I bought the Black one, I think that is the only color it looks good in, the ride is great, it could use more room in the back seat, the trunk space has alot of room, if you are looking for a new car, take a look at the Pontiac GXP,AND MOST OF ALL take it for a test ride, you won't be disappointed, this car has alot for the price.