2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews 4

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
A great blown Grand Prix
By Joe on 06/24/08 08:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I've owned this car for 2 years, was a previous owner of an '04 non- supercharged version, and I love it. It's fast and stylish and gets pretty good gas mileage. Although good, I have to clarify the mileage rating as was given in a few of the other ratings. This car has never averaged 30 mpg for me, and I live 7 miles from my job. My trip computer indicates 21 mpg (avg) on good days, 17 if I get on it hard. The trip computer will show avg, instant, and range mpg info. It's good, but not that good. Still, for the size of its motor, it's weight, and the hp rating, it's plenty good for me. It provides a very smooth and stable ride and can hold the road very well for its weight.

Supercharged fun & good mileage
By tonkota on 06/02/08 15:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Very nice car for the money. GM needs to change the softy shifting for a car with this much torque. And I love the torque! The last highway trip I took with 4 adults we got 31mpg. Not bad considering the ups and downs and the weight of the passengers. Room enough for 4 pretty easy. The front seats fit me very well (I'm a wider type of guy). 25k on it now, and no rattles yet.

2006 Grand Prix w/ Navigation
By VGP on 05/14/08 21:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

First of all, I had this car for a year now and I absolutely LOVE it! However, I will only describe here the things you should watch out for if you plan on buying one: Gas consumption: 11.6L/100km overall -T/C button near cup holder: I keep getting coffee all over it Stock tires (Eagle LS) will wear out like you won't believe. I think they are summer-only performance tires. Expect to change them sooner than you hope Common problem with steering column getting dried up. It starts to click when you turn -Glove box is so small and inaccessible you can barely keep an envelope in there (it was way bigger in my old Sunfire)

Great Pontiac
By HH on 04/07/08 11:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Great performance, styling, handling. Love the heated seats, dash and gauges, bucket seats. Rides like a much bigger car. What's not to like? Downside is that resale value isn't very good.

Toe's Review
By Pontiacseeker on 01/28/08 12:36 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I love my car. It's gorgeous and drives excellent. I feel like my car is so much bigger than other cars on the road too.

260 hp supercharged& super fast
By raceman on 12/25/07 10:30 AM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is my first Grand prix. I absoulutly love it. Who would have thought a 260 horsepower v6 0-60 in 6.5 the monsoon system will rock your socks off the super charger will snap your neck and the outside apperance will turn heads. All of this and I still get 20.4 mpg in city driving. I can't believe that 2008 is the last year for this power house

Good, fun, easy on gas too
By arron t on 10/17/07 09:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I really like driving this car. There is a GM service bulletin for the transmission. I average 30 on freeway trips and have averaged 23 in town. But if I use the boost, oh how it drinks the fuel while I smile from the power. No lag like a turbo either.

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
By chevymaster_08 on 10/16/07 14:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Recently I have taken ownership of a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix. It is, overall, a very excellent car. It drives smooth and has a very powerfully V6 engine, even though it is only 200hp. Like most Pontiac's, the market is saturated with them, but that doesn't change the fact that it is a cool car to look at. The interior might be my favorite though due to the jet-like details.

Not so family oriented
By shoeguy72 on 08/08/07 19:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My supercharged Grand Prix seemed like the most practical way to go for me, since I needed a "ffamily oriented" vehicle that has more than 2 doors, and I wasnt willing to take the leap off the cliff to the minivan, but now that I've owned it for 5 months, I realize how impractical this is for a family vehicle. Too low to the ground which makes car seats a real pain in the butt, rides hard, Black leather interior always makes the car warm, and it has lost so much of its value already retailed for 23k when I purchased it, and dealerships wont give me more than 13k on trade 5 months later? I'd never buy one of these again.

It's okay, but...
By MiaT on 07/29/07 14:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I'm getting about 16-17mpg around town, and that is without much traffic and long desert roads. Have had the engine bolts tightened and still get rumbling when in idle. Door windows starting to get scratches. Was told they were off centered and will have to be fixed. Air conditioner starting to break too and have an appointment to get fixed also. Not the best vision (blind spots), but have driven worse. Not a lot of head room in back for tall people, but great for kids. Wish I had better things to say about it. I must have gotten the lemon.