2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Consumer Reviews

GXP 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic - (66 reviews )
Fun & Furious, because Fast is a given!
By GXP_Extreme on 05/17/06 10:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This car is awesome! Who would have thought a car in this price range would be better than most cars on the road. I laugh at the people and their expensive luxury cars with 1/3 less horse power and the same mpg. With this car I can drive like a kid and still drive the kids around. This car is THE complete package for a single/family man (Or woman). Thank you GM for a great car!

My Cherry GXP
By AL on 05/15/06 12:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My family has always liked the Pontiac brand. The 303 hp V-8 in the GXP has a sound that reminds me of the 50's and it is great experience to drive. Not as fast as my 1984 Trans-am and not as great as my 2000 Bonneville SSEI, but for the money spent it has it all. I would recommend this car as a family grocery getter for a sports car guy.

Fantasic, awesome, incredible.....
By Snowman on 05/04/06 18:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

...and not too expensive. Most fun car I've ever driven, and safe too. Holds the road like glue, goes like a bat out of hell, stops on a time. Sorry for the cliches, but they're all true. And my price was below 28 grand for a totally loaded v8 rocketship that is quiet and dependable.

GXP
By John on 04/23/06 08:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love getting behind the wheel of this thing. The power and sound of the exhaust is so sweet, with the heads-up display and the design of the dash. This powerful sedan will be with me for the next few years guaranteed. I am very impressed with what GM did with the 5.3 liter in their newer cars now. This was an awesome step by G.M.

My GXP
By Lostrebel on 04/22/06 10:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Pure performance from a 4 door sedan. Not for the weak of heart or forearm. Once we mastered the torque steer the car is a complete joy to drive. Superb handling and braking under all conditions.

Excellent car. Try it, you may buy it!
By Classical MusicLover on 04/12/06 22:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was not in the market for this car until my very wise brother-in-law recommended I take one for a test drive. I traded in my Toyota Avalon that day. This car is very quiet. It handles on rails. I needed a car that had a lot more zip than the Toyota and I found it. I have been a long time buyer of imported cars and while many of those who work at the same University I do smile when I say I bought a Pontiac, I have the last laugh!

I LOVE this animal!
By Sexy Tina on 03/30/06 20:15 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Way too cool. I'm single and 27 and this is my first real car. I LOVE IT!!! I can whoooooosh past anyone on the road and it drives very nicely in the snow and it has the remote start, which I LOVE on cold mornings. LOVE the onstar, love the seats, love the way I can push on the gas and say buh-bye! to all the boys trying to catch me. This car is sleek and TIGHT!

I Totally DIG this car!
By California Boy on 03/30/06 14:11 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Wow. I was going to buy an Acura and on a complete whim I tried this Grand Prix. THIS AINT NO RENTAL CAR!!! This thing is fast, smooth and very quiet. Better than an Acura or Audi in my opinion. Snotty Beverly Hills people might not drive one, but that is their problem! Excellent Job, GM!

Must be a GXP ... don't skimp!
By SciMjr on 03/25/06 18:24 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The 2005 Grand Prix GXP is my first new car & I LOVE IT!!! I have black exterior with the Ebony Suede/leather interior. LOTS of power and you have to learn how to step on the gas w/o chirping the wheels! If you are planning to FLOOR the gas at the light you must hold the wheel because there's a little torque steer and the wheel will try to jump. Not a big problem. Interior is very nice and the two front seats are very comfortable in my opinion. I love the cockpit design; all radio & climate controls are angled to the driver. I feel the back is roomy and I am 6' 1" ... the seats are a little hard though. Gas milage is good for a V-8 but I do 10 mile runs so it may be off for me.

Best car since 1996 impala ss
By FUTURE CLASSIC CAR on 03/23/06 15:59 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

love this car. prior owner of 1996 impala ss & this car is better build & really performs. it is very pretty & classy. get compliments all the time. if pontiac would advertise this car more, it would help their bottom line.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.