2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Great Car!!!
By Greg on 04/02/09 22:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Base model with leather and heated seats. Great car no problems at all. Was getting around 22-25 mpg mostly highway and doing 70-80.

2006 grand prix
By chaseprusia on 03/24/09 17:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

great full size car sporty comfortable fast awsome mileage i 160 miles a day and average 28 mpgs

2006 Pontiacs have issues
By mcompton on 03/12/09 06:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this pontiac used in 2007. I know I do not know what the history of the car was before this other than carfax being clean, it has had many issues. Now has 50,000 miles on it and just had to replace power steering rack b/c of leak, I have a valve that has broken and has to e replaced to turn off check engine light (was told this is really common in these cars by dealer due to design flaw and freezing water breaking a valve in low temperatures), and my drivers side window motor has broken. I was also told by dealer in replacing my power steering rack that my tire rod in the front is shot and will need to be replaced soon. Only 50,000 miles!

Good Looks, Weak Performer
By JEN on 03/05/09 11:24 AM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

30,500 miles, on the third ISS {intermediate steering shaft}, original tires were awful, on third battery. I let car dealer install new tires so they would be responsible for entire process..of providing a shake/vibration free experience thru all speed ranges.. Have owned 43 cars in long life, and the 75,76, and 77 Grand Prix SJs w/big block engines were the best. Had 1 of each yr and each one accumulated 90k miles..took a beating and never complained.. Current 2006 is nothing more than a Monte Carlo, rebadged GPGT. Purchased car used, w/4300 miles, Caddy tradein..Bargain-pricing was the only salvation..My other car is a 09 Mustang Bullitt..It is raw and rough, love it.

Grand Prix- Welcome Back !
By Jack on 01/12/09 13:12 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We shopped around before buying the 2006 Grand Prix. It has met or exceeded all our expectations so far. I bumped my head the 1st time I got in the back seat. We were surprised how roomy and confortable the back seat was after reading mixed reviews and remembering to duck. This our 4th car with the 3.8 litre v6. We would have to say it's one of the best engines ever built. We bought the base model and are very happy with the acceleration. Wow what a great car!

Rough Ridin' but gorgeous
By Mut on 01/06/09 19:04 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is beautiful - crimson red. When I bought, there was a shake in the driving. Hubby thought it might be rotors or brakes. Nope. Wouldn't have bought it if I'd known it wasn't those. I love the car, but really hate the annoying shake. Feels like an engine miss, but it isn't that either. Would love to find out what it is. Can't figure out how to get the stereo to show names of songs and singers again as it did when I got the car.

Grand Prix
By Timmy1988 on 12/18/08 09:22 AM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been a pleasure to own. I have had it since new, and recently was in a head on collision. These cars are very safe. I came out of a head on collision with a very minor injury to my hand and my passenger was perfectly fine. This car's performance was outstanding. I had a K&N filter on my engine the rest was stock. The car was fast and efficient. I could go 0-60 in 6.3 seconds and my average economy never droped below 28mpg so the economy stats on this car depend on the way you drive it. At the floor you get 4.3mpg and at 59mph with the cruise set you will get 31-35mpg. I personaly think that these cars have too much power for their size, and to think this is coming from a 20year old. Thanks .

2006 Grand Prix Sedan (Base)
By MawDeuce on 12/17/08 09:45 AM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My previous car was a 1997 Bonneville, Series II 3.8L V6. I have to say, that with this new Grand Prix, I felt so secure with the purchase because the engine is just exceptionally dependable and easily modified. I'd never owned a GP like this one, and so far I absolutely love it. Easy to maintain, smooth shifting, and somewhat powerful(could use some mods though). I can't wait for dual exhaust, short RAM intake and my new hood. I have to say that the shifty squeaking/clicking I get in the steering column is something I could do without though. The factory sound system is more than I expected, with more than enough bass to keep me happy for a while.

Poor Build Quailty
By Cdoes on 12/03/08 13:37 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Prior to owning this base model I had a 2000 GTP model which was very reliable up past 100k miles. One word of advice- Buy a 2007/2008 model where the powertrain warranty is 100k miles instead of 35k or GM certified used. I bought this car used with 8k miles from a Subaru Dealer....Everything was fine until the factory warranty ran out at 35k miles, at the point I knew I should have bought one with an extended warranty....At 41k miles the A/c system stopped working, $765.76 out of pocket.....49k miles I was driving and the car lost first/2nd gear.....Tranny rebuild- $2,109 out of pocket.....Right now the heater has stopped working as well as the front wheel hubs need replaced....

A great blown Grand Prix
By Joe on 06/24/08 08:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I've owned this car for 2 years, was a previous owner of an '04 non- supercharged version, and I love it. It's fast and stylish and gets pretty good gas mileage. Although good, I have to clarify the mileage rating as was given in a few of the other ratings. This car has never averaged 30 mpg for me, and I live 7 miles from my job. My trip computer indicates 21 mpg (avg) on good days, 17 if I get on it hard. The trip computer will show avg, instant, and range mpg info. It's good, but not that good. Still, for the size of its motor, it's weight, and the hp rating, it's plenty good for me. It provides a very smooth and stable ride and can hold the road very well for its weight.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.