Used 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

My first car...
By tinakilznuts

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bough my 2006 grand prix in 2009..it was clean title, excellent condition I got a carfax report & it showed it belonged to a rental & leasing company then later repoed by an owner I am the fourth owner but it had 101849 miles even though people say its bad to buy a car with high mileage I still did it & its going on two years 134,000 miles later & I do not regret it at all I get its regular oil changes & i haven't needed to make no major repairs.

everything

power steering

Dependable, Fun, & Handy !
By hockey_jen10

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My 2006 GP is 4 years old now, though I've only owned it for a year. It's been a great car. I've had absolutely no mechanical or body issues, and it's been very dependable. The interior is typically-sporty as only Pontiac can do, but the ride is also very comfy for a sporty car. The body color is a blueish/green that changes to purple, and it gets attention. The most impressive thing is the back seats folding down, giving me plenty of room to haul. I actually packed (12) 8-foot long shelf pieces, plus closet poles and (8) furring strips into one trip. I guess I don't need a pickup truck after all. Overall, very happy.

Reclining rear seats, roomy trunk (even when back seats are left up), smooth ride, body style & color, sound system, emergency brake on the floor (instead of next to console).

Not sure why GM decided to move the wiper control to the right side of the steering wheel - I'm used to it being on the left, so it took a while to get used to. Brakes squeak only during the first stop when the weather is damp - by the time I get to the next stop, it's quiet.

Pontiac Built Excitement
By Steve

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned our GP for approx 3 years and love the car. Its our 2nd one with the bulletproof 3.8 liter engine. Plenty of power, it effortlessly gets up to hwy speeds. It has the crystal blue paint which changes to teal in the sun and can appear purple at time in dimmer light. Reliability has not been an issue with this car and I'd definitely get another if they still made them. GM got this one right and reliability seems to be hard to find these days. I'd also consider the Aussie built G8 as they've been around along time Down Under.

Jet-like dash with the red lighting and jet-like acceleration. Great paint color. Stereo that automatically increases in volume to compensate for hwy speeds. Reliability.

Get rid of Saturn and Bring Back Pontiac.

Love my Grand Prix
By Ken

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is actualy my third Grand Prix and as you can tell, I love the car. Pontiac has always done a great job with these cars in my opinion. The car in fun to drive with plenty of power on California freeways. The styling is great and I love the way the seats wrap around you and hold you in. Not to mention the gauge layout is fantastic! I can't say enough about this car. Too bad GM screwed up and closed Pontiac down. BIG MISTAKE!

Dash layout, front seats and body styling.

Better gas mileage, more room in the back seat. But it's a moot point since Pontiac is now gone.

Love my car!
By Zaida

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Pontiac I have owned. I love this car! It drives great, I haven't had any problems, except that the gas mileage isn't all that great. If it were possible, I would def get another. The car is not only comfortable but has a great sound system for being stock and looks nice!

sound system & great sporty look

More legroom in backseat