2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Consumer Reviews

GXP 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic - (66 reviews )
Tire Problem
By Art on 07/23/06 08:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My gxp is a fun car to drive in the summer. I live in new england. This car is impossible to drive in the winter because of the performance tires. The car comes with two different size tires, 255/45R 18 front, and 225/50R 18 rear. I have spent hours on the internet to try to find a set of all-season tires. I have also checked with local tire dealers in my home area. So far, I have had no luck at all with this problem. Buyers Beware !!!

best car
By KYLE on 07/16/06 11:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

what car do you know that goes out of second gear at 100 mph, just all around great car, tight, awesome ride, i sell 'em and i love 'em, '06 is the last year for blue green crystal, go read the car and driver review and get the real facts!!!! kyle -ny-

Driving Experience
By Review on 07/03/06 02:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have looked around for a new vehicle, and this Pontiac has it all, the power, of the V8 and the great looks, I bought the Black one, I think that is the only color it looks good in, the ride is great, it could use more room in the back seat, the trunk space has alot of room, if you are looking for a new car, take a look at the Pontiac GXP,AND MOST OF ALL take it for a test ride, you won't be disappointed, this car has alot for the price.

Fast and Versatile
By guy on 06/14/06 18:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

So it's a low-life's dream car, so what? It has many assets: Much cheaper than the Volvo S60R I was also looking at, expressive appearance, dark cherry red exterior, cool rims, black leather interior, smooth ride, lots of cargo space, and rumbling 303hp V8 that runs on 4 cylinders for 28 mpg when cruising. And fun to drive, with great acceleration, control and braking. On downside, w/ my ht, driver's seat must be tilted back so I don't hit roof. Also, headrest is fixed parallel w/seat back, so it's too far back to be of use even if seat weren't tilted. Was car designed for Neanderthals, or should I drive with a racing helmet? I just slouch along, but somehow it works for me.

Just Bought it and LOVE IT!
By pat on 06/07/06 17:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I hate to say it, but this one was somewhat of an unexpected, impulse buy. I looked at a Honda Accord at 8:30 this morning and was driving a Pontiac GXP off the lot by 12:30 this afternoon. There is just something about that throaty V8 and the wrap around cockpit that says "this feels right!" It has the clothes of a sports sedan, but is undoubtedly a legitimate muscle car. My advice is if you're going to buy an Accord, Maxima, or high- end Altima, don't test drive this car... you'll never look back... Pat

Drivers dream
By Dean on 06/07/06 14:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great driving experience, handles super in the corners and accelerates like a dream

Don't know what your missing
By Willard Jones on 06/03/06 07:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

First I don't know why I don't see more of these vehicles on the road. I traded a 2005 grandprix GT for this model and it is a totally different experience. The power is awesome, it's definitely there when you need it. Handling is great. I really enjoy traveling with the GXP. It gives a smooth quiet ride and along with the premium sound system it's a joy. I chose a cherry metallic color for this car and I'm constantly getting excellent comments on the color and the style.. Now nothing is perfect. The rear seating is a bit tight. I'm 6'3 and I need the seat all the way back, leaving little or no leg room for the back seat.

Awesome Looking
By fly on 05/27/06 05:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

What a fun car to drive and look at! DVD Navigation is is awesome, sound controls on the steering wheel is very helpful. I Love the HUD, and the ability to adjust the info presented on it.

MY GXP
By GERALD BRAY on 05/23/06 09:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Of all the words theres none so fine as these last three, i got mine. We love love love our gxp. Test drove an ss impala, theres no comparison. The suspension and brake differences in the gxp are destined to give this car a reputation head and shoulders above the rest.12 In town 20 highway came as a surprise, but we're still happy with our choice. Comfort,speed, handling, and style are a cut above the rest. It will even outrun last years 5.7Liter gto.

Give American a Break!
By Bryant on 05/20/06 18:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Granted this is a front wheel drive with 303 HP and paddle shifters on an automatic. But this is one fun car to drive, and on road trips, it is delightful. Even the fuel economy is good. First, it burns regular gas, second it has the fuel saving engine and at road speeds, 4 cylinders shut down and seamlessley start up again when you hit the accelerator. With Stability Control, Magni Steer, and Full Time traction control, Plus the fantastic Heads Up Display, this is a safe car to drive. Just listen to the sound of the Small Block V-8, and you want to ride all day. Gas mileage, I am heavey footed but still getting 25 in Hiway, and 17 to 20 in mixed. That is 400 miles on a tank of gas. Try it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.