2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Consumer Reviews

GXP 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic - (66 reviews )
GXP Rocks!
By birdman64 on 08/19/07 08:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is one of the most rounded cars I've owned. I have had 5 Corvettes, ranging from c4's - c6's. And far the money, you get an awesome vehicle! I am very impressed by the gas mileage I achieve, I am averaging 27.5! Now keep in mind, this is a V8! Very responsive! Very quick for a midsize sedan. I love the looks and stares I get from others that wonder what im driving. Most people have not even heard of a GXP!

Best bang for your buck
By Q on 08/01/07 10:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I loved my 2006 Grand Prix GXP the second I drove it. I was looking for something with muscle that could still be somewhat sensible. I have had zero problems with the car, and I still love it. I have the mileage up to almost 23,000 already, and I'm in the thing constantly. The remote start is fantastic! It even has a sensor that detects the outside temperature..so if you remote-start your car on a hot day, the A/C comes on, start it on a cold day, the heat comes on. All in all, my only complaint was lack of tire selection..however, Goodyear is now manufacturing Eagle F1 All-Seasons in the appropriate sizes and they are killer tires. There are several companies that make tires for it..

Love the GXP
By Mackbru on 06/20/07 22:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was quite happy with my 2000 Gran Prix GT until my friend took me for a drive in his new GP GXP! I was blown away. Had been seriously looking at the new Mustang, but no more. Acceleration, high speed driving in all conditions, rain snow,(with winter performance Goodyears Eagle Ultragrip GW3 V rated) even city driving in stop and go traffic, the finesse this car has in stopping, lane changing, accelerating makes even the trip to work in heavy traffic almost enjoyable.

Great GXP
By Will on 03/03/07 20:19 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Agree with others very nice car, fun to drive and all. Otherwise my pick of the 3 new cars to drive at home that have this is the first choice. Have had many Grand Am's GT and also 1973 Grand Am with V8 with 4 spd and this GXP V8 much better as 1973 Grand Am would get scratch shifting into 4th gear at 90+ MPH but Grand Prix GXP with 4 dr. is much better all around car. Happy with purchase. Was considering Toyota Camry Hybrid but "The Fun" and not a commuter drone is what this is about. Some vibration noise in instrument panel at top so put some silicon fixed that, and twice slight noise when take steering hard turn in or out of parking spot but trying to narrow that down to fix. Thats it.

decent all around car
By Ben on 01/07/07 08:10 AM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This car is great. The main problem with this car is the tires if you ever have a flat or have to get new ones. The tire sizes are almost impossible to find. I had a flat tire and had to wait almost 3 days to get a new one because no one stocked it. Definitely a bad thing for a daily driver. This car also does not come with a spare tire. It comes with a tire repair kit which does nothing for an unrepairable tire. Then comes the gas mileage. I only drive this car around town mostly and am lucky to average 16 in town and 22 on the highway. I still only have about 3000 miles on it so hopefully those numbers will improve. The rear seat entry is pitiful for this cars size.

My new GXP
By Richard Leavitt on 12/31/06 15:42 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I ordered this car fully loaded. I have not been sorry for one minute. Getting in the car and driving it is a thrill and it makes me forget any problems I may have. The performance is more than adequate. Stepping down on the gas a little makes it seem like it is taking off like a jet. It just wants to move. My first long trip rendered just over 26 mpg which is quite acceptable for a higher performance engine. The only problem I have experienced is the navigation system but I understand this is an overall problem and it doesn't really bother me as there will be a fix for it. The best part of this car is my dealer and my saleslady. A big plus!

Objectively speaking
By Mr. Quick on 11/05/06 23:59 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is hands down the best Bang-for- the-buck car for the guy/gal who wants to have their sports car cake and eat family car cake too. It is fast and agile for a large car. Features like touchscreen navigation, performance brakes and V-8 power are great. Leather and power everything as well as a load of driver aids and multi- information data tools are awesome. Other things like the standard HUD and remote start are features no other car manufacturers can offer for anything near $30,000! There was no compromise when I traded in my 2-door 345 hp turbocharged sports car for this 4- door family car. 0-60 in 5.7 seconds, 150+ mph (governor defeated, factory halted at 140) Nuff said, go drive one!

Torque steer, If you say so
By Rapid City Ron on 10/17/06 08:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

First I feel GM should advertise this car, let its virtues be known to the public. This is no ordinary Grand Prix. I also own a 2000 GTP Daytona 500 Pace Car with an SLP Performance package. I feel it is far more desirable than an Audi or BMW and I have own both in the past. Performance and comfort are outstanding. Black in color is desirable. Mileage if you do 55 mph at speed is closer to 23 to 25 mpg. Love my Pontiacs. So far I have not experience torque steer in either GPs. I know what the experts say but...

better than other years
By dlpVI on 08/24/06 17:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

this is the 3rd Grand Prix that I have owned, and I must say that Pontiac got it right this time!! The last Grand Prix that I owned was a 1999 GTP, but this new car rocks. Its fast and rides really nice. The cock-pit is nice and easy on the eyes at night. Everything seems to be in the right place (well other than the dimmer switch). This car was the dealer demo so I got a gr8 deal on it. Was going to buy a Maxima, now that I own this Pontiac, I would not consider owning the nissan now. what more can I say, Ponaic got it RIGHT and now all they have to do is stay there and they will have many happy and loyal customers. I know I will be looking forward to the next new Pontiac to hit the market

Unbeatable for the money
By Drew on 08/21/06 10:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This car has been great. I've had it for a year and put about 24,000 miles on it, without a single problem. V8 is awesome, and gives mid-20's gas mileage (mixed driving, but more highway). Looks great in black. Got it loaded with options for under 30k. Very comfortable car for me (5'6"), and everybody else I've ever had in it. Car rides, brakes, and handles very well. I'd recommend this car to anybody, at least drive it before spending comparable money on an Accord, etc.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.