2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Love It
By peachez1964 on 08/22/14 20:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Have had my 2006 for eight years. She has over 240,000 miles and I've only done basic maintenance. A comfortable ride which is important with a two hour commute each day. Great performance and gas mileage! I've started looking for another vehicle and plan to pass this one to the kids. I wish the Grand Prix's were still being produced!

2006 Grand Prix GT Supercharged
By dcole08 on 04/13/13 21:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have had this car for over 2 years now, and I must say I love it. I honestly don't know how I stumbled upon it because I was initially looking for either a Maxima, or a Charger. Somehow I stumbled upon this car and it is awesome. It looks awesome and turns heads all of the time because it is different. Mine (all black with black interior) is rare where I am and I haven't seen one like it around. People love riding in it, and my wife loves to drive it. It's very comfortable to drive, and I have never had any issues with it. The 3800 motor in it is a legend in the car world, and mechanics salivate when they see the 3800 v6 it wrapped with headers and a supercharger.

Love Supercharger
By sigmatuan1989 on 11/07/12 17:32 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Left over 2006, bought with vendor pricing in 2007, traded in Bonneville. The price was the deciding factor, it was cheaper than all others. I would have bought another Bonneville but they were discontinued. The car is fast for the price. I would recommend simply on the low price. It has never left me stranded. Compared to Impala from the same factory it is lower to ground, faster, and less back seat room.

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
By ferd8791 on 09/05/11 07:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Bought this car in May of 2010 with 26,646 miles on it. A major improvement over the 1999 GP I used to drive. Supercharged 3800 Series III V6 strong in all situations, timed 6.4 seconds 0-60, has V8-like punch at highway speeds. Light steering at low speeds, firms up nicely at higher speeds. Fuel economy impressive considering available power. Suspension Euro-style firm, but good bump absorption and no harshness. Interior markedly better than my '99 GP, soft touch materials and extremely comfortable front buckets. Highway ride serene, minimal tire noise and wind rush, engine growls when revved, almost silent at cruise. Fold down rear and front passenger seats convenient.

Great for a Pontiac
By Ian on 10/29/09 14:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Great engine. Cheap interior (and mine's fully loaded), but you know that going in with Pontiac. Electric steering's a bit non-responsive and then over-corrects (this is only an issue on sharp turns; no issues on highways, etc). If you're a confident driver you won't notice the problem, and the GT corners really well (and is generally fun to drive) for a car its size. At night when the road's wet or icy and you're taking a sharp turn the steering makes you feel a bit out of control. That's far from a deal breaker (and my commute is 17 miles on winding country roads in the northeast). Overall love the car and definitely recommend. Bought GM Certified in August - no problems.

A great first car
By Teri on 07/24/09 20:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This was the first car I purchased after graduating from grad school. The Grand Prix had everything I wanted and it was a great price. I am so happy I have it. I am constantly getting compliments on how nice the inside looks. People are always impressed with the "extras" my car has.

Good Looks, Weak Performer
By JEN on 03/05/09 11:24 AM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

30,500 miles, on the third ISS {intermediate steering shaft}, original tires were awful, on third battery. I let car dealer install new tires so they would be responsible for entire process..of providing a shake/vibration free experience thru all speed ranges.. Have owned 43 cars in long life, and the 75,76, and 77 Grand Prix SJs w/big block engines were the best. Had 1 of each yr and each one accumulated 90k miles..took a beating and never complained.. Current 2006 is nothing more than a Monte Carlo, rebadged GPGT. Purchased car used, w/4300 miles, Caddy tradein..Bargain-pricing was the only salvation..My other car is a 09 Mustang Bullitt..It is raw and rough, love it.

A great blown Grand Prix
By Joe on 06/24/08 08:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I've owned this car for 2 years, was a previous owner of an '04 non- supercharged version, and I love it. It's fast and stylish and gets pretty good gas mileage. Although good, I have to clarify the mileage rating as was given in a few of the other ratings. This car has never averaged 30 mpg for me, and I live 7 miles from my job. My trip computer indicates 21 mpg (avg) on good days, 17 if I get on it hard. The trip computer will show avg, instant, and range mpg info. It's good, but not that good. Still, for the size of its motor, it's weight, and the hp rating, it's plenty good for me. It provides a very smooth and stable ride and can hold the road very well for its weight.

Supercharged fun & good mileage
By tonkota on 06/02/08 15:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Very nice car for the money. GM needs to change the softy shifting for a car with this much torque. And I love the torque! The last highway trip I took with 4 adults we got 31mpg. Not bad considering the ups and downs and the weight of the passengers. Room enough for 4 pretty easy. The front seats fit me very well (I'm a wider type of guy). 25k on it now, and no rattles yet.

Great Pontiac
By HH on 04/07/08 11:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Great performance, styling, handling. Love the heated seats, dash and gauges, bucket seats. Rides like a much bigger car. What's not to like? Downside is that resale value isn't very good.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.