2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
06 Grand prix
By idrivepauly on 04/02/14 18:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Pontiac grand Prix. Best gift I ever bought myself. In 2008 ! Bring back Pontiac !!!!!!!!!!!

Review after 4 years of reliable and fun performance
By 218 on 06/25/13 16:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I aquired my 2006 Grand Prix(base) in March 2009 and I have to say it is an excellent performer and reliable daily driver. In the time that I have owned my Gp, I have had little to no problems with it. The car can definitely makes a daily drive exciting with it's 200hp-230 torque as it has defeated many a foe. It also responds very well to modifications, I've placed a CAI, ZZP 304 SS headers, downpipe, and catback with Flowmaster Super 44s. It sounds badass to finalize. My friends praise its quickness and superb ride quality on the road, its a bliss to drive daily and a joy when the go-pedal is abused. In short, it is an excellent car and I would reccomend one to all.

190,000 Miles Later......
By rose38478 on 06/17/13 05:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Yes, what it said. I put 190,000+ miles on my Pontiac. Bought it 4.5 years ago, just traded it and I miss it horribly. No mechanical trouble except basic maintenance and 1 thermostat. Paint stood up well to the test of time. Only thing interior wise is my dashboard cracked a little way up by the window. Other than that, stayed great. Seats didn't tear, rug didn't wear out. The engine gave you enough power to get where you needed to go quickly. I wish Pontiac had stuck around. I would have bought another.

2006 Grand Prix GT Supercharged
By dcole08 on 04/13/13 21:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have had this car for over 2 years now, and I must say I love it. I honestly don't know how I stumbled upon it because I was initially looking for either a Maxima, or a Charger. Somehow I stumbled upon this car and it is awesome. It looks awesome and turns heads all of the time because it is different. Mine (all black with black interior) is rare where I am and I haven't seen one like it around. People love riding in it, and my wife loves to drive it. It's very comfortable to drive, and I have never had any issues with it. The 3800 motor in it is a legend in the car world, and mechanics salivate when they see the 3800 v6 it wrapped with headers and a supercharger.

Love Supercharger
By sigmatuan1989 on 11/07/12 17:32 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Left over 2006, bought with vendor pricing in 2007, traded in Bonneville. The price was the deciding factor, it was cheaper than all others. I would have bought another Bonneville but they were discontinued. The car is fast for the price. I would recommend simply on the low price. It has never left me stranded. Compared to Impala from the same factory it is lower to ground, faster, and less back seat room.

Realiable is the way
By pontiacmall on 10/03/12 08:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car 2 years ago with the intention of having it temporarily and then trading it in. It has proven to be realiable after I added another 60k to the odometer. Just recently had issue with heater core which caused no heat and air. Once fixed it worked like a charm. I also put a twin mattress in the trunck with back seats down and was able to close the trunk. No pick up truck necessary!!May be time to get rid of as the kids are complaining they don't have enough back seat leg room of which I have to agree is a little on the short side. Just hope I can find something as realiable as the Grand Prix.....

2 year Evaluation
By 06gp on 12/20/11 08:24 AM (PST)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 06 Grand Prix back in 2009 and it has served me well. the 3.8L is very reliable, powerfull, and sounds amazing once the hammer is dropped. The ride is very comfortable, no complaints there. The exterior is gorgeus, sexy if I may say. Interior material quality: The cheap plastics, thanks GM, is ok but very difficult to shine up and keep good. In the future I will customize the interior with Blk leather and dark wood trim so that will be my solution. Fuel economy is great highway wise (28mpg), the city is satisfactory if you don't speed and suddenly accelerate. Repairs: Just a alternator and a upcoming brake job. 18+car= havoc. Overall I am very impressed with my Pontiac and love it.

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
By ferd8791 on 09/05/11 07:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Bought this car in May of 2010 with 26,646 miles on it. A major improvement over the 1999 GP I used to drive. Supercharged 3800 Series III V6 strong in all situations, timed 6.4 seconds 0-60, has V8-like punch at highway speeds. Light steering at low speeds, firms up nicely at higher speeds. Fuel economy impressive considering available power. Suspension Euro-style firm, but good bump absorption and no harshness. Interior markedly better than my '99 GP, soft touch materials and extremely comfortable front buckets. Highway ride serene, minimal tire noise and wind rush, engine growls when revved, almost silent at cruise. Fold down rear and front passenger seats convenient.

My first car...
By tinakilznuts on 05/18/11 12:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bough my 2006 grand prix in 2009..it was clean title, excellent condition I got a carfax report & it showed it belonged to a rental & leasing company then later repoed by an owner I am the fourth owner but it had 101849 miles even though people say its bad to buy a car with high mileage I still did it & its going on two years 134,000 miles later & I do not regret it at all I get its regular oil changes & i haven't needed to make no major repairs.

Dependable, Fun, & Handy !
By hockey_jen10 on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My 2006 GP is 4 years old now, though I've only owned it for a year. It's been a great car. I've had absolutely no mechanical or body issues, and it's been very dependable. The interior is typically-sporty as only Pontiac can do, but the ride is also very comfy for a sporty car. The body color is a blueish/green that changes to purple, and it gets attention. The most impressive thing is the back seats folding down, giving me plenty of room to haul. I actually packed (12) 8-foot long shelf pieces, plus closet poles and (8) furring strips into one trip. I guess I don't need a pickup truck after all. Overall, very happy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.