2005 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.8L V6 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Outstanding car w/ great performance

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Review

GTP Sedan (3.8L V6 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic)

Outstanding car w/ great performance
By Doug Haskin on

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have had my 2004 GTP CompG for about 3 months now, and I really enjoy it. It has great performance from the supercharged 3800 series V-6 engine. IMHO this is one of the best engines ever built... GM uses it on almost all of its midsized cars, so it has been around for years and has many aftermarket performance parts available. The interior is all new, and it thanksfully is missing the plastic interiors of previous Pontiacs. The CompG package is a must as well, coming with manumatic TAPshift and Head Up Display. I would recommend this car to anyone in the market for a sedan with good power and styling.

Favorite Features

I especially like the TAPshift, the Head Up Display, the comfortable interior, and the supercharged V-6.

Suggested Improvements

Pontiac needs to offer the GXP model with a V-8 engine, and TAPshift should be an option on ALL models (it makes SUCH a difference in performance, even with a naturally aspirated V-6). Oh yeah, make it rear wheel drive and a convertible while you're at it!