2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Review: My new ride

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Review

GT Sedan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

My new ride
By Tony A. on

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the third Pontiac I've owned and it easily outclasses all the others in all-around performance. Not as fast or cool as the Trans-Am I drove in the 80s, but a lot more useful and quiet for long highway trips. The 3800 V-6 is dead reliable and the ride is firm yet comfortable. The front buckets are a bit tight for persons of girth but the leather/vinyl is very attractive. My wife drives a Grand Am and constantly wants to switch cars with me. I suppose one can call it an average mid-size sedan with solid reliability but that's not intended to be a criticism. It does exactly what I expect it to do: carry me around in style without breaking the bank and making me look like an old fart.

Lots of them! The remote start feature is fantastic in Michigan winters, the standard OnStar has made a believer of me, the seat cradles me like a comfortable old lover, the exhaust growls just right and it looks like it can go better than it actually can. Love the instrument panel, too.

Gas mileage. All I can get out of it in the city is 19 MPG and that ain't good, 'cause to get it I have to drive v-e-r-y carefully.