2005 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.8L V6 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Impressive American Sedan

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Review

Impressive American Sedan
By GP fan on

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I've put 11k Miles on this vehicle and am pleased with its quality. Its straight line performance is great for a sedan. Its steering is a bit vague, but that's compared to my compact Mazda. My 4cyl Mazda only got 2mpg's better with half the horsepower. The dashboard is a bit bland in all black, so I recently bought a Sherwood dash kit to accent it. The only other gripe I have is the door handles. They are to small and slippery for such heavy doors. If you enjoy modifying your vehicle, there are several sellers of aftermarket parts for this car. Overall, I really enjoy driving this car. I get nice comments about it's looks. I am really glad I bought American.

Favorite Features

The supercharged engine runs smooth at all rpm's, and starts easily in sub zero temps. The dash layout is great and the red glow of the many lights looks like a plane cockpit. The polished rims look great. GM's website offers GMlink, with logs for maintenance and info for your car etc. .

Suggested Improvements

GM could give this sedan auto stick for all models. Handling could be enhanced, along with replacing the tires that don't have much traction or sidewall ridgidity to deal with the high performance nature of this car. The door handles need redesign. The dash needs color (more chrome or wood).