2005 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.8L V6 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Happy with my Comp-G

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Review

Happy with my Comp-G
By Bad Dave on

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have now had my 05 Grand Prix GTP Comp G for 2 years and 32,000 miles. I can't complain. Build quality and reliability are excellent. The s/c 3800 is fantastic! Instant power when you need it, mash the gas and hold on. Average 24 to 25 mpg overall on mid- grade fuel. This car handles the twisties with ease and glides over the highway. Handles the Vermont winters with no problem due to a set of Blizzacks and Stabilitrak. Huge trunk, excellent heated leather seats, and sound system. Lacks a bit on headroom though and rear legroom can be tight. Installed K&N filter. Overall, a good little daily driver and nice upgrade from my previous Grand Am's. Can't wait to trade up to a V8 GXP!

Favorite Features

Solid S/C 3800, must have Heads up Display, Driver info center, exhaust note, handling, 6-disc Monsoon stereo, signature red gauges, seats, solid tranny, Stabilitrak Sport, looks great in black! A Sunroof if the headroom was better.

Suggested Improvements

More headroom, move tap shift location to gear shift, more aux power plugs, AC outlet, Add hoop scoops as an option ala Grand Am SC/T package, quad chrome exhaust tips, move On-Star antenna to back of roof, more aggressive spoiler, better exterior door handles. Bring the Coupe back!