2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Review: great value

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Review

GXP Sedan (5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic)

great value
By docV8 on

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had to go a ways to find this car, but it was worth it. I was looking at this or a BMW 545, and this took the cake (yes, really). Interior feels wonderful, exterior is beautiful. Power is everywhere. Despite what journalists are saying, torque steer has not occured yet, but for one time when it was floored at 10 MPH on uneven pavement. All I had to do was hang on tighter. Rear drive cars will break traction and get all twisted up (slip/regrip/lurch)if you floor it on uneven pavement, so what's the big deal? I guess some self proclaimed 'enthusiasts' like to kick out the rear end around corners, but if you ask me, I'd rather stay pointed where I want to go. Back seats are great too.

18 inch FORGED aluminum wheels - a $2200 bavarian option. Bilstein shocks, quiet, smooth, and tight as a drum at 85mph, and the displacement on demand V8 still gives 25 mpg highway. Different hoodline and front end really clean up the looks from standard grand prix. V8 makes perfect growl.

except for real tail-pipes (not the funny looking 'boxes with holes' on the regular grand prix's), rear end still does not look butch enough. flatten out the trunk line, pontiac. otherwise, a nice tight car