Get Back into NASCAR
By Blacksheep on
2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)
This is my second GTP Supercharged. I had a 97. Reliability on both cars (97 & 05) is terrific. Having a fold down front seat has come in handy more then once. I replaced the mufflers with Flow Masters and new exhaust tips. $400 and the car sounds like it wants to go and looks better from the back. My son-in- law replaced the air filter with a K&N filter. My only regret is that I did not know a V-8 was on the way. Pontiac needs to get back into NASCAR. I plan to stay with Pontiac and if it goes the way of Olds I will leave GM. No matter what you do to a Buick it is still the car my 89 yr old father drives and many more like him. No thanks!
Favorite Features
At first I wasn't a fan of the paddle shift but that is all I use now. The dual climate control is great expecially on long trips when someone is always on the sun side. My wife loves the HUD when she is on the interstate and so do I. The tire pressure monitor saved us on a long trip back east.
Suggested Improvements
The paddle shifts need to be moved. Try shifting and steering in corners at the same time. I have the HUD so I know my speed, so put the Tach in the middle. The shift indicator is wussy and actually comes on before the red line. For the supercharged model put the larger rear wing on as standard.