Eye-Catcher
By Thunder on
2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
Blue-Green Crystal gets lots of compliments in parking lots, gas stations, etc. Great performance, but if the idea for bigger tires in the front really was to reduece torque steer, I don't notice much improvement over my former '98 GTP. Still, be aware of it and it's not a problem. Very solid ride with little or no body lean into corners. City mileage hasn't worked out as advertised yet, though I only have 600 miles on it, so far. Hopefully it'll get better than the current 14 mpg after a couple of thousand miles. Highway miles are decent (26mpg) and should also improve, soon. HUD is much better and more informative than older models. Exhaust? Aaaah, sounds like my old Z- 28.
Favorite Features
As a retired pilot I love the HUD as well as other features found on aircraft and not cars...(Engine hour meter and a "G" meter??) This car's a gadget freak's dream.
Suggested Improvements
This is really picky, I know, but the last generation GTP had a neat little hook on the fuel filler door on which to hang the gas cap so it didn't just dangle on the side of the car. The GXP needs this feature.