2005 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Love this car
By MJ2 on 10/14/05 11:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had Pontiacs since I got my license (ok, forget the 69 Dodge Dart), but have also been loong at BMW's and Acuras. This is by far the best bang for the buck. Every time that I have gone in for service (nothing wrong) or a car wash, the car receives compliments galore. Get over the import hype, and you see a vehicle that is (hopefully) the new beginning of the American auto industry. Worth every penny.

Fun Car!!!!
By Robyn on 10/11/05 12:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first Pontiac purchase after owning Ford vehicles for several years. Overall, I love the car. It's sporty looks and fun handling makes it a real treat to own. The only complaint that I have about this car is in the extremely low front-end which has a tendency to smack or scrape the ground on almost any little bump. In addition, I've experienced suspension problems (CV Joint and Struts) in the one year timespan i've owned this vehicle. Aside from that, I must say that I do love the car. I'm a new Pontiac fan!!!

I Love this car.
By Duke on 09/29/05 23:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 2005 Mustang GT and that was the 6th Mustang I owned. After only 3 months I sold it and bought the 2005 Grand Prix GXP. Soooo many more features and it handles incredibly great for a sedan. And regardless of what the magazines say. The Grand prix beat the Mustang at the Drag strip in (STOCK) form by a tenth of a second. Not bad for a sedan. The suspension and brake system is great and the tires are the same as the factory Mercedes AMG 500. For some reason this car was never advertised and the magazines won't print much about it. To all the magazine editors out there. WAKE UP. All you need Is a few aftermarket companies to make some goodies and this car will blow the doors off anythn

My Grand Prix Baby
By Christopher George on 09/28/05 20:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is superb for highway driving. It has the look and feel of a much more expensive vehicle.

Looking for a reason to drive...
By SuprChrged '05 GTP on 09/23/05 00:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have owned my 05 GTP for almost a month now. The handling is superb, makes going through highway curves at 70 mph a breeze. Engine is very responsive, supercharged power is there when you need it most. Performs well for such a heavy vehicle. The interior leaves much to be desired. The inside compared to competitors is dated. The exterior design had to grow on me a bit. Overall this car is fun to drive, sometimes leaves me looking for a reason to find somewhere else to go.

GXP is Great
By Mr MRG on 09/08/05 00:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

No better combination of performance, ride, comfort, handling, safety and practicality. I can have my fun and haul the family away in comfort on the weekends. Solid build and even with the 300HP never seems out of control.

Good Car- Very good Price
By TinMan on 09/07/05 21:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Overall, I have been pleased with the GTP. I have owned the supercharged engine before and it's a primary reason why I bought this car. It is very strong at 260 hp- although I have not gunned it too much yet- still new. The car definitely looks cool in black- almost batman -like. I get all kinds of looks from people. Lots of features plus a good, sporty look got me into this car. I also got the GM employee price minus my GM card rebate which came out to be around 25K for a totally loaded 2005 GTP. Pretty good deal for what you get. Definitely not a boring-looking Accord or a Camry..

A Great Car
By Robo19 on 09/07/05 09:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is everything you need in a sports car but the best part is that it's a sedan. I love driving this car it handles so well and it has a very racecar kinda feel to it. The dual exhaust sound GREAT!! So all in all this is a great car!!!!

Sporty and comfortable
By DIANA WRIGHT on 08/22/05 11:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car has a lot of power and maneuvers very well with the front wheel drive. It has a sporty appearance but yet roomy on the inside. The front seat is extremely comfortable and there is lots of room in the back seat for 3 more passengers. I also like the easy access to the trunk from the back seat. This is a nice feature for long road trips. We really enjoy our GRAND PRIX we had a GRAND AM for years and were excited to see the GRAND PRIX.

Highly Recommend!!!
By AdamBrantner on 08/19/05 21:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Love this car... Handles great. Power is good even from the base engine. Inside is VERY comfortable. I have not tried out the backseat yet,,,,,, but the front seats are very comfortable. I am over 6 foot tall so it's hard to find a car with good seats. But this car has it. Love the way they wrap around you. Also love the styling. I get several looks from people as I drive through the burbs with this car.