Used 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Loving it
By Ben

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven Pontiac grand am before but I finally got my Pontiac grand prix after I lost my previous car. Since I got this car I love it more than any car I ever had. It drives so smooth and less external noise. The I felt in love with it the very moment I saw it. I am hoping to keep it for a very long time.

Favorite Features

I love the power seat, power lock, sun roof, automatic headlights switch.

Suggested Improvements

The stereo should have continuous play, make the car fuel economy,

If I knew then what I know now
By Stuck

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the most expensive car I have purchased and it has been in the shop for 4 major issues 6 times in just over 2 years. At 2 weeks check engine light-replaces senor. Then sun roof leaked twice and flooded car, burning oil-replace exhaust gaskets, steering wheel noise - had to lube steering shaft, now lights in dash burned out and constant vibration in steering wheel. Just afraid what is next? Stuck payment wise or would dump this lemon.

Favorite Features

Power Seats, mirrors, stereo

Suggested Improvements

Fix known steering shaft issues, known gaskets issues.

Worst vehicle I've ever owned
By Tom

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great power and fun to drive, however, 2 pages of repairs including 3 transmissions, tie rod ends, 3 $340 tires, this car was towed 6 times, when I basically gave it away on a trade-in it was diagnosed with another bad transmission and a bad starter!! Drove it a total of 86K. Of all the new vehicles I owned in 35 years this one is the worst. At one point the dealer said he was going to get GM to take the vehicle back, but, that TOO didn't happen. My wife actually told me "that car or me". I love my wife.

Favorite Features

HUD and engine power.

Suggested Improvements

Where do I start. not much reliable about this vehicle, so.... engineering would be a good place to start.

Wow, what kind of car is this?
By Russ

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I get that question asked all the time. I don't know how to answer because it's so different from the base Grand Prix that I often just say "GXP" and then the person who asked shuts up and you can tell they have no clue what a GXP is.

Favorite Features

Engine, seats, Heads Up Display, Premium sound system, Blue-Green Crystal Premium Paint

Suggested Improvements

the interior and there were some small quality glitches, but I'm sure not everyone has the same and they were all under warranty.

I feel like a Giant in this thing
By Dr. Rob Rice

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

All-in-all, I love this car. Handles well, all the gadgets you can ask for and it's beautiful. However, I'm not a giant (just 6'1") yet I either have to slouch or lean my head. XM radio should be moved to front or all the way in the back - it's covered with sunroof down which makes for poor XM reception especially when traveling S. Both interior and exterior are stylish. People are definately jealous when they get in. Heated seats are awesome. I hate winter.

Favorite Features

Heads-up display, heated seats, sunroof. Drivers' information center. Smooth ride. Quick like jet engine.

Suggested Improvements

More headroom please. Place the antennas more logically. Add heated washer fluid. OnStar poorly integrated.