2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews 6

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
love it
By Ben on 01/31/06 13:50 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My Grand Prix is the best car I have ever owned. I enjoy the comfortable ride along with the great gas milage. The power is always there if I need it.

Impressive American Sedan
By GP fan on 01/08/06 13:06 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I've put 11k Miles on this vehicle and am pleased with its quality. Its straight line performance is great for a sedan. Its steering is a bit vague, but that's compared to my compact Mazda. My 4cyl Mazda only got 2mpg's better with half the horsepower. The dashboard is a bit bland in all black, so I recently bought a Sherwood dash kit to accent it. The only other gripe I have is the door handles. They are to small and slippery for such heavy doors. If you enjoy modifying your vehicle, there are several sellers of aftermarket parts for this car. Overall, I really enjoy driving this car. I get nice comments about it's looks. I am really glad I bought American.

V8 Bang for the Buck Winner
By APR on 12/31/05 09:09 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Dreamed about this car a year before it was available. Great looking machine w/ the performance (HP, torque, braking, suspension) to support it. Surprisely controlled torque-steer (traction control) and instantaneous response from the beefed- up 4T65E tranny. The LS4's torque band is huge and pulls from one end of the tach to the other. The StabiliTrak Sport is simply amazing in the snow/ice allowing you to drive safely while having some fun to boot. The PBR brakes (huge drilled & vented rotors w/ dual pistons calipers up front) are gorgeous, responsive, and fade-free. After 6600 mi. we're averaging 20.2 mpg (trip computer) w/ mostly highway (using cruise control) driving @ 74mph.

Cool Car
By Kevin on 12/23/05 06:12 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

All and all, this is an awesome car. Many are complaining about the fuel economy or the bumpy ride, but guess what, this is a sports car, not a geo! I gave this car a low rating on fuel economy, but I knew that going in. That is not why I bought the car. The fuel economy is not that important to me, but the size of the tank is. Even with the DOD, this car goes through alot of fuel, so why the puny 16 gal tank? Other than that, I love this car, very fun to drive, very comfortable (unless you are over 6 ft, I'm 5'10'' so I'm good), and tons of cargo area. I put six golf bags in the trunk without folding the seats.

fast and looks good in my garage
By kyler kelley on 12/18/05 00:32 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

car is awesome. very fast. mustang guys think you got some v6 car when you pull up until they see the v8 badge on the back as you pass them. i also have not driven it in 6 weeks due to crappy weather it looks great in my garage

Comp G is great fun
By Mike on 11/19/05 21:43 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Just recently purchased an 05 GTP Comp G with every imaginable extra available, which on this car is a lot. I like the power of this car, although it could use an auto 5 speed so it get's up and goes a bit better at higher speeds. Very comfortable up front; in back I don't know or care. My only complaint is I already have several creaks and rattles on the interior pieces which are cheap plastic.

Wonderful car except
By Marco on 11/17/05 20:11 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It's been a year since buying the GP sedan. After the first 10,000 mi with zero problems, it is clear that if GM could build all of their cars this well...

2nd Grand Prix First GTP
By Phil on 11/07/05 13:45 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This vehicle has all the power and sporty style a driver requires. The front seats are very comfortable. The controls are very easy to use but plain. The rear seat certainly could have more leg room considering how deep the trunk is in this vehicle. The truck is almost too large. The superchager certainly moves this vehicle and without premium gas. I have owned a 2002 Grand Prix GT and have NO repairs or warranty work. The sporty style is what I wanted and still remains true in the 2005. The interior is plain and cheatly made, the overhead garage door compartment has been broken and is currently held together with tape. I do not plan on paying $50+ to replace it. Inc. Interior Qual

It sounds great
By Thebigb on 10/31/05 16:50 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Traded a 2003 Yukon for 2006 Grand Prix GXP. Had read review in various magazines and lived up to all of the hype. Fantastic power, great features, and best of all the $34000. list was reduced to $27,500 out the door. Car is equipped with every available option including Nav and power sun roof. GM dealers are willing to deal big time right now, and you can get those "employee discounts" without the program. This car was on the dealers lot for over 30 days, so he wanted to move it. Got it in black with black interior. Just looks real cool.

Great car not reflective of editors rate
By Rick E. on 10/29/05 11:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have only had the car a few weeks but love the handling, and bought the car because of the great 3.8 engine. Ride is smooth, and engine is not noisy as reflected in editor's critique. Back seat is tight, and no molding strips to protect door bangers. But comfortable, fun driving car that looks great.