Used 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Great car
By Danfm1

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car is amazing - Pontiac has really improved their products and it can easily challenge foreign cars. The turning is tight, the engine provides plenty of power while sipping gas, there are no rattles and the interior quality is great. It's safe, good looking, and a great ride.

Favorite Features

Heads-up-Display, Red backlit gauges, power sunroof, powerful yet efficient v6, smooth shifting transmission, fast acceleration, comfortable seats, Computer information system is amazing, Steering wheel controls, controls and buttons pointed in towards driver instead of straight ahead

Suggested Improvements

Front underneath the bumper should be connected differently instead of snapping into place.

CompG Package makes big difference
By Aeroheadcww

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My GP is equipped with the CompG performance package which includes: Head Up Display, Tap Shift, higher gear ratios, stiffer rear sway bar, and red brake calipers, maybe a few other things. The gear ratios dramatically improve acceleration and the sway bar makes this thing handle like a dream. It still maintains a quiet comfortable ride on the highway but is rigid during spirited driving. My biggest complaint about the car is the shifting performance in standard automatic mode, it just doesn't downshift quickly enough and lets the RPM fall well below the power band before it switches to a lower gear. This is alleviated by the Tap Shift system which will let you shift manually.

Favorite Features

Lots of power, HUD, Heated seats, steering wheel radio controls, 17" 10 spoke alloy wheels are beautiful and are set off by red calipers. Traction and stability control work great without being intrusive. Handling is superb, tap shift helps accelerate out of curves. Large trunk. 29 mpg hwy 18 city.

Suggested Improvements

Performance: Shifting parameters should be changed to make it downshift sooner. Appearance: Spoiler should be wider, front fascia should extend lower. Comfort: front seats could be a little wider. Misc: Wish it didn't require high octane gas but that's what you get with a supercharged car.

Loving it
By Ben

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven Pontiac grand am before but I finally got my Pontiac grand prix after I lost my previous car. Since I got this car I love it more than any car I ever had. It drives so smooth and less external noise. The I felt in love with it the very moment I saw it. I am hoping to keep it for a very long time.

Favorite Features

I love the power seat, power lock, sun roof, automatic headlights switch.

Suggested Improvements

The stereo should have continuous play, make the car fuel economy,

If I knew then what I know now
By Stuck

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the most expensive car I have purchased and it has been in the shop for 4 major issues 6 times in just over 2 years. At 2 weeks check engine light-replaces senor. Then sun roof leaked twice and flooded car, burning oil-replace exhaust gaskets, steering wheel noise - had to lube steering shaft, now lights in dash burned out and constant vibration in steering wheel. Just afraid what is next? Stuck payment wise or would dump this lemon.

Favorite Features

Power Seats, mirrors, stereo

Suggested Improvements

Fix known steering shaft issues, known gaskets issues.

I feel like a Giant in this thing
By Dr. Rob Rice

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

All-in-all, I love this car. Handles well, all the gadgets you can ask for and it's beautiful. However, I'm not a giant (just 6'1") yet I either have to slouch or lean my head. XM radio should be moved to front or all the way in the back - it's covered with sunroof down which makes for poor XM reception especially when traveling S. Both interior and exterior are stylish. People are definately jealous when they get in. Heated seats are awesome. I hate winter.

Favorite Features

Heads-up display, heated seats, sunroof. Drivers' information center. Smooth ride. Quick like jet engine.

Suggested Improvements

More headroom please. Place the antennas more logically. Add heated washer fluid. OnStar poorly integrated.