2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
love it
By Ben on 01/31/06 13:50 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My Grand Prix is the best car I have ever owned. I enjoy the comfortable ride along with the great gas milage. The power is always there if I need it.

Impressive American Sedan
By GP fan on 01/08/06 13:06 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I've put 11k Miles on this vehicle and am pleased with its quality. Its straight line performance is great for a sedan. Its steering is a bit vague, but that's compared to my compact Mazda. My 4cyl Mazda only got 2mpg's better with half the horsepower. The dashboard is a bit bland in all black, so I recently bought a Sherwood dash kit to accent it. The only other gripe I have is the door handles. They are to small and slippery for such heavy doors. If you enjoy modifying your vehicle, there are several sellers of aftermarket parts for this car. Overall, I really enjoy driving this car. I get nice comments about it's looks. I am really glad I bought American.

Comp G is great fun
By Mike on 11/19/05 21:43 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Just recently purchased an 05 GTP Comp G with every imaginable extra available, which on this car is a lot. I like the power of this car, although it could use an auto 5 speed so it get's up and goes a bit better at higher speeds. Very comfortable up front; in back I don't know or care. My only complaint is I already have several creaks and rattles on the interior pieces which are cheap plastic.

Wonderful car except
By Marco on 11/17/05 20:11 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It's been a year since buying the GP sedan. After the first 10,000 mi with zero problems, it is clear that if GM could build all of their cars this well...

2nd Grand Prix First GTP
By Phil on 11/07/05 13:45 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This vehicle has all the power and sporty style a driver requires. The front seats are very comfortable. The controls are very easy to use but plain. The rear seat certainly could have more leg room considering how deep the trunk is in this vehicle. The truck is almost too large. The superchager certainly moves this vehicle and without premium gas. I have owned a 2002 Grand Prix GT and have NO repairs or warranty work. The sporty style is what I wanted and still remains true in the 2005. The interior is plain and cheatly made, the overhead garage door compartment has been broken and is currently held together with tape. I do not plan on paying $50+ to replace it. Inc. Interior Qual

Great car not reflective of editors rate
By Rick E. on 10/29/05 11:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have only had the car a few weeks but love the handling, and bought the car because of the great 3.8 engine. Ride is smooth, and engine is not noisy as reflected in editor's critique. Back seat is tight, and no molding strips to protect door bangers. But comfortable, fun driving car that looks great.

Fun Car!!!!
By Robyn on 10/11/05 12:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first Pontiac purchase after owning Ford vehicles for several years. Overall, I love the car. It's sporty looks and fun handling makes it a real treat to own. The only complaint that I have about this car is in the extremely low front-end which has a tendency to smack or scrape the ground on almost any little bump. In addition, I've experienced suspension problems (CV Joint and Struts) in the one year timespan i've owned this vehicle. Aside from that, I must say that I do love the car. I'm a new Pontiac fan!!!

My Grand Prix Baby
By Christopher George on 09/28/05 20:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is superb for highway driving. It has the look and feel of a much more expensive vehicle.

Looking for a reason to drive...
By SuprChrged '05 GTP on 09/23/05 00:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have owned my 05 GTP for almost a month now. The handling is superb, makes going through highway curves at 70 mph a breeze. Engine is very responsive, supercharged power is there when you need it most. Performs well for such a heavy vehicle. The interior leaves much to be desired. The inside compared to competitors is dated. The exterior design had to grow on me a bit. Overall this car is fun to drive, sometimes leaves me looking for a reason to find somewhere else to go.

Good Car- Very good Price
By TinMan on 09/07/05 21:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Overall, I have been pleased with the GTP. I have owned the supercharged engine before and it's a primary reason why I bought this car. It is very strong at 260 hp- although I have not gunned it too much yet- still new. The car definitely looks cool in black- almost batman -like. I get all kinds of looks from people. Lots of features plus a good, sporty look got me into this car. I also got the GM employee price minus my GM card rebate which came out to be around 25K for a totally loaded 2005 GTP. Pretty good deal for what you get. Definitely not a boring-looking Accord or a Camry..